Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

An American marrying a Honduran in Honduras

edited May 2009 in - Central America
My girlfriend went to Honduras to teach. She fell in love with a Honduran and they are planning to marry in Honduras in June. Will he be able to come back to America for a wedding here? Then they are planning on returning to Honduras so she can fulfill the last year of her teaching contract.
Any suggestions, helpful hints and if we can go is all we need is a passport?

Please, anything useful!


  • edited 9:41PM
    I did this many years ago (1979). Yes, all you really need is a passport if you only plan to stay a short time. As for whether he can travel to the US for a wedding, they should contact the American consulate. I'm sure she has already had to contact them to get her constancia de soltera, unless things have changed in the last thirty years, and she will need to go there to get her passport amended to read in her married name. They can help with necessary visas or with an application for US residency for him if that is what they decide on.
Sign In or Register to comment.