Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Visa for Germany for South African

I am a South African with a South African passport and my husband is a UK Citizen. Do I need a visa to travel to Holland, Germany & Spain because my husband is an EU member do I only need proof of marriage?


  • edited 10:11AM
    Hi to fellow south african
    You need a schengen visa which will allow you to visit all countries mentioned
    I am in the same situation and as long as you travel on a SA passport you still need a visa irrespective of your maritial status
  • edited 10:11AM
    Switzerland waives the Scengen fee of SAR720.00 if spouse is an EU citizen.
  • edited 10:11AM
    I am planning to visit Germany and also visit some parts of the europe. will 100 euro sufficient per day including accommodation, food and budget transportation ... anyone plese advise
Sign In or Register to comment.