Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Hong Kong visa query



  • edited 2:57PM
    I am holding a green card in us do I need a visa to visit hong kong for 4 days
  • edited 2:57PM
    I have a Chinese visa, and from my nationality, require a visa to enter Hong Kong. Can I use my Chinese visa and enter through Hong Kong, then Shenzhen into China and return the same way. I heard it is better to use the international airport in Hong Kong and travel to inland China from the airport in Shenzhen. Will appreciate any information you can give me. Can I use my Chinese visa and enter through Hong Kong, Thanks
  • edited 2:57PM
    Hi Guys,

    I have just been sponsored to work in HK from the UK. My girlfirend is Australian. Can we get married in HK and if so can she then join my VISA as a dependant and therefore stay and work in HK?

    Many thnaks for any advice!
  • edited 2:57PM
    ps just to add I am British.

  • Hello! 
     I am filipino citizen do i need visa to visit in hongkong for 21 days only? :) 

    Regards Maria Fe 
  • edited September 2013
    You want to go to china and you are facing problems in getting visa...?
    Here is your answer. Just go to visarite ( They help you to understand visa and passport rules and also offer different types of visa. Detailed information is available there.
  • edited September 2013
    Hello every body, regarding my experience, i encountered a lot a
    problem. But i think most of the difficulties are due to the requirement
    for the file. I found some detailed information on this website:,
    which helped me a lot to obtain it. It was useful
  • No, you can stay in Hong Kong up to 90 days.

    For others:

    No visa or entry permit is required for any purpose if you hold any of the following travel documents:

    • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport,
    • British National (Overseas) Passport,
    • Hong Kong Certificate of Identity,
    • Hong Kong Re-entry permit (for entry from the Mainland of China and the Macao Special Administrative Region only),
    • Hong Kong Seaman's Identity Book,
    • Hong Kong Document of Identity for Visa Purposes provided that the document is valid or the holder's limit of stay in Hong Kong has not expired.
    • Travel documents bearing one of the following endorsements:
      • "Holder's eligibility for Hong Kong permanent identity card verified."
      • "The holder of this travel document has the right to land in Hong Kong. (Section 2AAA, Immigration Ordinance, Cap. 115, Laws of Hong Kong)"
    • Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card.
  • edited May 2014
    hi,,,im filipina and I want my parents to travel to hongkong for 10 days…what are the requirements that they need to get to enter hongkong?….thanks.
  • Travellers from the Phillipines don't need visas for visits of less than 14 days, so your parents should be fine. They'll need passports valid for one month after their trip, plus return tickets and proof of sufficient funds.
  • hi!
    I'm a filipina. I'm now here in hongkong with visit visa.
    my story goes like this..
    I worked at ocean park for only 2 months contract but before my contract ends I found another employer and process another working visa for me. my employer gave me white card (extension section) from immigration so that I can stay free in hong kong even my visa already expired.
    the problem is, I went to the philippines for 2 weeks after my contract in ocean park. after 2 weeks I came back here in hong kong with visit visa (14days) and still my working visa not yet release and its already 4weeks this coming 23rd of november. I only have 4days in visit visa to stay here.
    my questions are:
    -is my white card still valid since I exit to philippines?
    -can I extend my visit visa (with a reason of waiting my working visa to release)
    -what is the best way to do with my condition?

    any one can help me please.. :(
  • You can extend your visit visa by going to a Hong Kong immigration branch office they are located here. this government site also explains the process. You need to apply immediately before your present visa expires. Take your passport and white card and explain your circumstances.
    Surely you should contact your new employer for further assistance.
  • Thank you Alethia :)
    By the way im now on my 12th day here in hong kong. I have 2 days left to stay here so can I still apply for my extension? Thank you
  • Yes you can apply, you must do it immediately.
  • Ok thank you again ms.Alethia
    Godbless :)
Sign In or Register to comment.