Lake Kariba for New Years

edited November 2008 in - Southern Africa
anyone been to a kariba new year lately? i wonder if they're still so good - was last there in 2001. would love to spend a week on a houseboat!

• edited 9:02AM
    Hello Jade

We have been in Kariba Zambia a month ago and Kariba is a wonderfull place we would be happy to point you in the right direction.
    With all the chaos and currency problems is Zimbabwe (a) cheap or expensive, and (b) a safe place to visit?
    I also spent a new years at kariba in late 1990s and had a sensational time. what a great place!
    Hello David

I think Vic Falls on the Zimbabwe side is worth the visit,people are very friendly and there are lodges and hotels that caters for every budget. They deal in U$ or South African Rand.All prices are based on U$. We saw Tourism Police walking around, yes it is safe and the people welcome tourist in there area.
    Foxtrot, thanks for the reply, can you estimate what I would spend if I was staying in a 3 star hotel OR guesthouse for 5 days? Also, it is possible to stay in locals houses like a B n B? I want to benefit the local people as much as posible with my tourist spend.