Uganda travel advice

edited June 2013 in - East Africa
Can someone talk about a visit to the pearl of africa uganda? How was it while there

• Be careful I advise going to talk to a travel doctor about anti-malaria's, and any vaccinations you may need that type of problems is much there during the travelling.. 

• Uganda is the Pearl of Africa. Sir Winston Churchill a famous British prime minister and statesman called Uganda the Pearl of Africa when he visited there for the first time in 1909 because of its outstanding natural beauty.
    As well as malaria medication you will also need Yellow fever injections prior to travelling to Uganda you should see a doctor regarding this at least eight weeks before you travel.
  • hi I would just like to know what is the current visa on arrival price and what documents I will need. I am a south African resident.
  • Hi there.
    Looks like South Africans can get a visa on arrival in Uganda for USD 100, provided they can show proof of sufficient funds for their stay and an onward or return ticket out of the country. They will probably also ask that you provide an address and telephone number you can be reached at when in Uganda (hotel, organisation, relative etc). It is recommended that passports be valid six months beyond arrival date in Uganda.