What to see and do in Johannesburg?

edited September 2013 in - South Africa
I love South Africa but I've never been to Johannesburg and I'm flying there for business so I would appreciate some advice about whether it is worth spending a few days in the city and what to see and do while I'm there. I would be keen to take a few excursions out of the city if it is worthwhile? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Laurence,
    I'm not sure what sort of thing you're interested in, but Joburg has lots to offer! The Apartheid Museum is a must and if you're interested in historical attractions Constitution Hill is also worthwhile. The Newtown Cultural Precinct in the city centre is an exciting area for cultural attractions and has a booming nightlife, and a tour of Soweto with its many museums and landmarks is interesting. A short way out of the city is the incredible Maropeng Visitor Centre and Cradle of Humankind, a world-class museum for those interested in the origins of our species. Check out this Johannesburg Travel Guide for some ideas. Enjoy!
  • I have been to Johannesburg and its an awesome place. For anyone travelling to Johannesburg, I would suggest you to refer "Johannesburg Top 82 Spots" by Cristiano Nogueira. Its one of the best travel guides with a good selection of attractions and points of interest . Here's the link: http://amztk.com/johannesburg

Thanks and enjoy!