Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Getting out of Egypt with an American passport issued here(never used).

edited June 2009 in Africa
What do I need to do, I have a dual nationality and I'm stuck in Egypt, I've been told I can give up my Egyptian passport and leave on my American after they approve it but I needed a weird paper for that ( my grandfather's birth certificate) and someone told me I could get arrested if I don't turn in my Egyptian passport when that is approved ??

Can I get a visa from an airport inside Egypt and then use my American passport to leave or what can I do, I have no idea. There is no way I can get my grandfather's birth certificate since my dad won't let me and he's also keeping my Egyptian passport so the only way to get it is to report that he stole it and I don't want that.
Sign In or Register to comment.