Dublin - Any Questions?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Hi Brian
    I don't know if you can please answer my question, because it's amazing,how the republic of Ireland claimed to be in europe,but yet the so called Non Nationals who are have Resident Permits can't even travel to other European countries freely without Visas like other Non Nationals with Resident Permits in Italy,Spain,Norway,etc do..It appears the Irish Non Nationals are being caged or what? Please enlighten us more.Thanks
  • edited 3:27PM
    Hi Brian,
    Thanx for getting back to me with that information.Does that mean Non Irish Nationals with Resident Permits can travel through Cork or dublin airports to Belfast without Visas? Thanx.
    Yes
    Hi Brian
    Please i would like to know if residents in the Rep of Ireland require visa to travel to England? Thanks
    Josh - no visa is required. You're all part of the EU man!
    My Son and his wife will be moving to Dublin to work next year. They will have all the appropriate work visas etc. They are expecting a baby and would like me to come there to take care of the baby while they work. Will I need a special visa or permissions to care for their child? Could you please point me in the right direction so that I can get all the proper permissions in advance.

Best Regards,
    Claudia
    Hello,

I am Trisha. I am an Indian. I am living in the UK since past one year two months on a student visa.However, I would extend my post study work visa after my results are out. My enquiry is with regards to Ireland visitors visa and work visa. I am looking forward to work in Dublin. But, where ever I apply for jobs the company tell me to get a visa first and then they might consider. In this case what visa would I need? Which Visa should I apply for to get work in Dublin. The second query is that can visitors visa be valid till 6 months as my boyfriend who is an EU citizen has recently started living and working there and I would like to visit him for six months and can I work part time/full time on visitors visa?

I would really appreciate your help and information in this matter. As I love the country and I would want to grow further there.

Thanks so much.

Kindest Regards,

Trisha W
    Hi! I am looking to find a job in Dublin. I love to travel but I am willing to work anywhere! Is it difficult for a foreigner to get a job? Do any jobs come with accommodations?

Thnx!
    x
    Depends what type of work you are looking for - if your English is good there are many jobs you can apply for.
    Accommodation sometimes comes with Hotel / Guesthouse work or childminding work.
    Hi I am an Indian national and will be visiting Northern Ireland(Belfast), will I get a UK visa and if I get one can I travel to London with that Visa. Plz advise.
    Do we need an visa to enter Dublin? we are on a student visa in Uk.
    Hi Brian
    I am heading to the states. Do I need to show a return ticket to Ireland. As I am thinking of going to the Bahamas after states. Going for three months in all.

Declan
    Hello
    Is it possible to go to ireland (dublin) with only a british visa?
    from sweden directly to dublin without going to england first? (My friend who is going to dublin and asking this question is not a swedish citizen, but thai)
  • edited December 2009
    Hi all,
    I'm putting together a Dublin / Ireland website called Dublin Visitors it will help with more questions -
    http://www.dublin1.webs.com
    Hey there. I am hoping to go to Ireland for my birthday this year> When i mentioned this to people the subject of passports arose. What i would like to know is..Do i actually need a passport to travel from England to Ireland?? Everyone is trying to be helpful but no-one actually knows..and i want to get it sorted out as soon as possible. Thank you
  • edited February 2010
    Just bring your English or European passport with you and enjoy Ireland
    Hi,

If you are looking for general info and tips about settling down in Dublin, you might find this site very helpful: http://sites.google.com/site/movingtodublin

It has been developed by a team of Dublin expats, and provides a lot of useful tips and to-do's.

Hope this will be of help to some of you
    Thanks Lauraash,
    I've checked it out it's got very useful Dublin information - maybe they'll give http://www.dublin1.webs.com a mention.
    am studying in Dublin Ireland, My daughter is visiting me,can i find a school for her to study here just like me.thanx
    Hello I am a turkish citizen and i am in london with a Tier 4 student visa, can I enter dublin? or do i need a visa for ireland as well? Please let me know because next weekend I want to go to Dublin
    Hi there
    I m Turkish also... I will start to work in Belfast 15th November... I book my flight from Turkey to Dublin and I plan to go Belfast from Dublin by bus... I had master programme in UK and as I know, everyone can visit Dublin with UK visa...
    Am I wrong?? Really I m confused:((((((((((( hope no need to change my flight??
    Thanx in advance
    As many of our visitors are interested in Northern Ireland here's a website with great information - Enjoy Ireland - http://www.enjoyireland.ie
    Hi, i am an Indian national on a business visa to Dublin. Would like to visit Belfast, pls let me know if i need a separate visa or permit. Thanks Arindam
    Hi there. I know ppl are usually asking questions about visas and stuff like that but i just want to know, are there love padlocks in Dublin or anywhere in Ireland? It's becoming a trend all over the world but i haven't found anywhere that says they're in Ireland too and my boyfriend and I are going to Dublin soon. Thanks a lot, Doria.
    Hi I am an Irish passport holder living in Northern Ireland. My wife is an Indian passport holder. We are planning to fly to India from Dublin. Does my wife need any sort of entry or transit visa?
    I am Russian. I have UK residency and live in Northern Ireland. What kind of visa do I need to fly from Dublin and back without stay. I am married a British citizen an have two children who also British
    Please could you answer this quastion ASAP. Thank you!
    We are expecting a Chinese visitor to arrive in June.
    She will have a UK Visa & travel to Northern Ireland.
    Can she visit places over the border without an Irish Visa?
    Can she fly out of Dublin without having gained an Irish Visa?
    She will be in transit on a European Tour (with a friend who is Australian).
    Appreciate any guidance or advice as I want to get this visit right.
    Thank you. Roisin
    i might be coming to DUBLIN-Ireland for further education in september 2011.its a two year course.I wanted to know if Ireland has a post study work visa scheme.If i can get a post study work visa to look for a job aftr the completion of my course 2013.If they have a post study work visa,then its valid for how long??
    Hi,
    just wnated to find out, will be travelling to Dublin for a period of three months, visas free entry, will i need a work permit to do some casual work
    hi, I am in belfast on an Indian buz visa. should I take a visa to visit dublin for 2 days?