Tips for tourist in Vietnam

edited April 2014 in - Vietnam

Things to remember:

It's in your best interests not to drink the tap water, especially after flooding!

Avoid cyclo rides after dark.

Dress modestly and appropriately when visiting local dwellings and religious sites, etc.

Leave your valuables behind before a night out on the town, or going to the beach.

When crossing the road – especially in HCMC – always keep looking to the left and right and walk slowly!

Don't offer money directly to minority people – instead donate to a local charity or offer a small gift, such as pens.

Use Mobifone if you want to use telephone because they always have good service for tourist like Happy Tourist. Happy Tourist is pre-paid package of MobiFone for tourist visiting Vietnam with the aim of traveling or short-term working. There are 2 Happy Tourist packages for selecting: Voice & Data SIMCard and Data SIMCard only for tablet, iPad or usb 3G. Let's experience with Happy Tourist to keep in touch, sharing and connect to loved ones, friends about interesting moments in Vietnam

Comments

• a beautiful place like Vietnam, will surely surprise you

• in Vietnam, many very beautiful place but not mobile signal, communication becomes difficult
  • There are many ways to enjoy a perfect trip with always connected smartphone
  • Choose provider of telecommunications services may well be a good way
  • Many restaurants in the city. Ho Chi Minh City will make you happy, but do not forget to try the street food, there is great
  • I m decide to go Ha Nội, VietNam travel and i also searching the telecommunication (DATA services) for my smartphone. I found the mobifone Happy Tourist data Sim for 9,5 USD.I want to know the full speed of its 3G internet
  • The package includes a SIM card and an account worth 200,000 VND (9.5 USD).

The Happy Tourist Data offers three gigabytes of high-quality 3G data services. Subscribers can send intra-network, trans-network and international text messages for 290, 350 and 2,500 VND respectively.

• Thank you all for your replies! Helped a lot. Cheer!

• edited April 2014
    I'm going to Vietnam in 2 weeks
  • a great place for your travels, welcome to Vietnam. Enjoy your trip
  • first time traveling abroad, you just give me a little experience
  • I like to go to dust, but foreign travel sention style is very dangerous, requires many skills, I think you should follow on tour for sure, to ensure safety. 

• I think Thai tourism more popular in Southeast Asia.

• Vietnam also has many interesting things
  • I am also planning a trip to Asia, but has not decided which country
  • Vietnam will surely make you enjoy that does not want to leave this country to go home
  • Oh Yeah, Vietnam has a long coastline, marine tourism is prevalent here make
  • yes, Vietnam has very many beautiful beaches such as Nha Trang, Phan Thiet,
  • How about conditions on telecommunications in Vietnam? There may contact the family if traveling to the beach
  • phone in Viet Nam very good, no tourists to Vietnam complained about this
  • Where is Nha Trang, in northern or southern
  • Khanh Hoa Province, in central :)
  • Thanks, Nha Trang beach pretty? . What is interesting here
  • How food in Vietnam? Eat and drink Where to save. Instead of the expensive restaurants
  • Very tasty specialties in Vietnam that foreign tourists enjoy
  •   the first thing to think about is the telecommunications service in Vietnam
  • what? 
  • I want to register to use telephone service in Vietnam, rather than expensive roaming services 
  • Mobifone, Viettel is the largest mobile operator in Vietnam. You should choose the services of the network to ensure communication.
  • I want a package can call, text and data services. can do it