Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Work and Study Visa??? HELP !!!

edited April 2014 in - Italy
I am a US citizen and from September to December I am studying abroad in Italy, and therefore, I was supposed to be getting my Visa through my university.
However, I just got an offer to work as an au pair in Italy for the summer approaching my semester abroad, making my entire stay in italy roughly 6 months. 
What sort of Visa do I apply for? Is this even possible??
help! summers approaching and host family needs my commitment!!!


  • As a US citizen you will require an Italian study visa (visto nazionale per motivi di studio) You cannot be an au pair in Italy for more than 90 days unless you are enrolled on a university course.

  • With an Italian study visa you are entitled to have a max 20 hours per week part-time job.
Sign In or Register to comment.