Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

National visa expires. How do I get my Schengen visa?

edited May 2014 in - General Europe
My Polish visa at the end of next month and I want to receive my 90 days into Schengen. 
I plan to go to UK for a few days and then return to be granted my temporary stay. 
As being an Australian citizen I am not required to apply for a Schengen C-type visa and can travel in Schengen for 90 days. 

Should I leave and return Before my Polish visa expires or after? If before, I may run the risk of them thinking I'm using my Polish visa and causing errors or vice versa. 


  • Why would the Polish government think you are causing problems if you want to travel elsewhere in Europe? You do not need a Schengen visa to visit the UK. Once you leave the Schengen area and then return again you will be given a further 90 days as an Australian so I cannot see what your problem is.
Sign In or Register to comment.