Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

getting married

edited June 2014 in - Australia
Hi my name is Ava from nepal I just get divorce I do have aussie boyfriend and getting married soon I ll b able to apply my pr from my husband or not Thank u


  • Can you please explain what you mean by PR.
  • Permanent resident
  • Am in australia rite now and me and my boyfriend want to get married as you know I just had divorce with my X husband.. can u plz kindly tell me how can I get married with my aussie boyfriend and how can I apply his spouse visa
  • Firstly you instruct a marriage celebrant so that you can marry and register the marriage legally.

    As your boyfriend is Australian surely he knows how to find out the procedure for marriage.

    Once you are married you need to apply for a Spouse Visa . You can apply on line for a spouse visa.

    The average processing time for this visa is approximately 12 months.

    Once you have held a spouse visa for 2years and you are still with your husband, you can apply for permanent residence.

  • Thank u so much
Sign In or Register to comment.