On Visitor visa in uk can i apply for schengan

edited June 2014 in Visa and Passport
Hi There,

I am on Tier 1 General visa in Uk for 5 years and my parents came here on Family Visit Visa. Are they eligible to apply schengan visa from UK ?

Thanks in advance.

• Yes they should be able to apply for a Schengen visa whilst visiting the UK
  • I am on Tier 2 ICT Long term. My mother is on 6 months visitor visa (from India).
    We need to apply for Schengan visa for visitor purpose for me and my mom both.
    Can I apply from London? How much time does it take
    Can you please point to the schengan embassy office in London and documents needed for the same?
  • Hi all,

I too have a similar question like the one above but only difference being both me & my spouse are british citizens and my mom is currently visiting us for 6 months and is an Indian passport holder.She currently got a dependent visitor visa valid for 2 years. Can we apply for her schengen visa from UK ? I live in Manchester and have checked that schengen visa can be applied from the Manchester office. Please advise on the list of documents or a link where all the relevant details can be found.

Thanks in advance.
  • Your mother may have a visit visa valid for two years but she can only stay 6 months maximum in the UK per visit. All Schengen countries have offices in the UK but some do not accept applications from vsitors however your mother is the dependent of an EU citizen so they may accept the application. you will need a birth certificate to show she is your mother.

just google the Schengen country you want and their site will come up. Pleae not most countries now use VFS global to process the applications . all the requiremenst are on thewebsite.