Places to visit Near Delhi

edited June 2014 in - India
Any one can share a best place to visit near Delhi. Please tell me also names near Delhi within 20 to 50km..

Comments

• Hi there,
    What sort of attraction exactly are you looking for? Sultanpur Lake is only about a 90-minute drive from Delhi and a great excursion for bird watchers or those wanting a bit of nature as a break from the crowds of the city.
  • edited June 2014

BahaiTemple is also a nice place to see near Delhi. It is very famous because of its flower like shape. It is located in the southern part of Delhi. I have been there many years ago with my brother. 

• I think you must visit this places in Delhi which are so beautiful
    Garden of five senses
    Qutub Minar
    Lotus Temple
    India Gate
    Humayun's Tomb
    National zoological park
    Akshardham

• Hiee,
    I think you must visit Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary (National Park)

Although located less than 50 Kms drive from Delhi, this National Park
    is one of the most hidden attractions in and around Delhi.
  • Lotus Temple, India Gate, National Zoological Park, Qutub Minar, Garden of Five Senses. Those are very nice places in Delhi. Without those place your India Travelling will be incomplete. 
  • edited November 2014
    Red fort,Akshardam Temple, Purana Kila, Chandni Chowk, Gurdwara Bangla Sahib, Iskon Temple, Jantar Mantar, National Museum, India-Gate, Lotus Temple are the famous places in Delhi. If you want to explore more then downtowntravels.in can help you a lot.
  • Some of nice places to visit in Delhi are- The red fort, India gate, Qutub Minar, Lotus Temple, Akshardham Temple, Yamuna, Chandni Chowk. Also there are so many nice places for visiting. But these are the special.
  • edited November 2014
    Famous Temples in Delhi...

Akshardham Temple Delhi

It is situated on the banks of the River Yamuna. It is spread over an area of 100 acres.

Birla Mandir Delhi

Lakshmi Narayan Mandir is situated to the west of Connaught Place in Delhi.

Chattarpur Mandir

Chattarpur Mandir is sited at a distance of approximately 4 km from the famous Qutab Minar in the Mehrauli area of Delhi.

Gauri Shankar Temple

Gauri Shankar Temple is a Hindu temple situated in the Old Delhi.

Hanuman Mandir Delhi

Hanuman Mandir is situated at the Baba Kharak Singh Marg (road) near Connaught Place. One of the oldest Hanuman temples in the country.

Iskcon Temple Delhi

Iskcon Temple is situated at Hari Krishna Hill, near East of Kailash.

Kalkaji Temple

Kalkaji Temple is situated beyond the commercial complex of Nehru Place in Delhi.

Lotus Temple

Lotus Temple is situated near Nehru Place.

• edited November 2014
    India gat is the famous place to visit in Delhi.
  • There are quite a couple of places in Delhi which are worth visiting imo. Though as Ella said, you might want to let us know the kind of place you'd like to visit.

You could visit some historical places like Humayun's Tomb, Red Fort or Qutub Minar. A visit to Akshardham Temple can be a great experience as well, though I vaguely remember visiting it. Also I'd recommend going over to India Gate, is a pretty cool place to spend your evening time at. But then again, it comes down to narrowing down your preferences.
  • edited February 16
    Hi,

Delhi is a rich cultural and also power point of the nation. My recent visit here was so exciting that I am planning to go next year again. There are hosts of places to see :
    1. Qutub Minar
    2.Red Fort
    3.Old Delhi
    4. Raj Ghat
    5. Museum
    6. Humayun's Tomb
    7. Spiritual place like Aksharadham is nice but it's far .
    8. Some cool night clubs

I stayed in Saket. The staffs helped me to select the itinerary so these places was very easy for me to visit. I am planning to trip golden triangle next year.
  • edited March 2
    but the Taj Mahal is in Agra, which is 210km from Delhi, and takes the best part of 3 hours via the Taj Express train.

You must also check out the 'what to do in Delhi' pages on wordtravels.com
    Visit wordtravels.com for destination advice
  • Delhi is located in North of India. so you can visit its near by north India places, The most famous places of North India are Agra, Kullu - Manali, Leh ladkah, Shimla, Solan, Amritsar. and if you talking about only in delhi then
    Qutub Minar, Lotus Temple, India Gate, Humayun's Tomb, National zoological park and
    Akshardham are most visited places of delhi.
  • You can go through the link 7 best places to shop around in Delhi to know more about Delhi.The blog also shares rich travel information about travelling to India.
  • You have whole host of venues:

Red Fort
    Chidiya Ghar
    India Gate
    Parliament House
    If you want to see large corporates head of to NOIDA
    Chori Bazaar if you venturesome
    Karol Bagh for nice South Indian Chats and Dosas
    If you are an traveler you can head of to Old Delhi
    Cannaught Place
    Rashtrapathi Bhavan - a walk from India Gate to Rashtrapathi Bhavan at 6 pm on a winter evening is next only to elixir.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler