Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

dual nationality Hong Kong and Dutch

A friend of mine was Born in Hong Kong lived and acquired Dutch citizenship when hè was 13. Hè has been travelling and working in Asia for the past 6/7 years. After working in Hong Kong the last two years realised his Dutch passport expired last year. What should hè do to Renew his Dutch passport in HK or China. And can hè hold two passports or does he have to give up the Hong Kong passport get. his Dutch passport.
Thanks in advance.


  • If your friend holds a HKSAR passport (  Hong Kong Special Administrative Region People's Republic of China) then there is no problem to be a dual citizen. He should not let his Dutch passport expire as you never know when he may need Dutch citizenship.

    Your friend should go to the consular section of the Netherlands Consulate General, Hong Kong
Sign In or Register to comment.