Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

dependent visa

edited July 2014 in - Hong Kong
Hi my husband is working there then me and my daughter plan to visit him for 14 days we are philippines. My husband is working in our visa now. My question is if ever that our dependent visa approved and we are still in HK for our free visa is it possible not to go back in philippines once we get our visa? We already had roundtrip ticket just incase visa wont come yet


  • edited July 2014
    Firstly you should not have bought your air ticket until you knew your dependent visa was approved. Secondly you can only stay visa free in Hong Kong for 14 days.
    You do not say what country you are going to, or what your husband is doing, so until I know where you are going I cannot answer as every country has different rules.
  • Thank you. Where going to Hongkong. My husband jobs there is related to schools program. We decided to fly first even if we dont have dependent visa Our goal is to enroll our daughter first in preschool so when our visa approved she be in, in that school. My concern is do we need to exit Hongkong if our dependent visa approved?
  • The problem is your husband is supposed to send you the visa which you place in your passport and is then stamped by the immigration officer upon arrival in Hong Kong. 
    I understand you have your plans but you must follow the rules or you can unravel problems. It takes approximately six weeks for your visa to be issued.  Here is the information on a dependent visa and I have printed section IV.

    IV. Travel Documentation Requirement


    A visa/entry permit label will be issued upon successful application. It should be collected by the sponsor from the Immigration Department for onward transmission to the successful applicant. For applications submitted to Chinese diplomatic and consular missions or the Immigration Division of the Beijing Office, visas/entry permits will be issued through the relevant Chinese diplomatic and consular mission or the Immigration Division of the Beijing Office as appropriate.


    The visa/entry permit label should be affixed onto a blank visa page of the applicant's travel document for presentation to the immigration officer upon arrival in the HKSAR.


    The successful applicant who is a Chinese resident of the Mainland should apply for an Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao (EEP) and a relevant exit endorsement from the Public Security Bureau office where his/her household registration is kept. The entry permit label should be affixed onto a blank endorsement page of the applicant's EEP on which his/her relevant exit endorsement has been obtained. The applicant should present the EEP for immigration examination upon arrival in the HKSAR. In case the applicant’s EEP bearing the relevant exit endorsement is an electronic EEP, it should be presented together with the entry permit label issued to him/her for immigration arrival clearance.

  • Thank you for the info
Sign In or Register to comment.