Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Taking my child here in bahrain

edited July 2014 in Expat Advice
Hi there guys!some body whi knows.if there a possibility of taking my child here bahrain since her mother and I is not married?,what will i do?


  • edited July 2014
    Firstly it depends on the parental rights you have in your own country as to whether or not you can remove the child.  What country are you from ? Are you on the child's birth certificate? Does the mother consent to you taking the child?How old is the child? Who will care for the child when you go to work? 
     Countries have to be mindful of child trafficking. If you give me the information I may be able to help you further.
  • Thanks for the quik response mam,.i have all the rights about the child, we and the mother agreed that later i will take our child here with me in bahrain,then sooner she will be here also for work,.about taking care of the child her sister is here also in bahrain and she is staying at home .about the child age,actually she will guve birth to our child this november.i am from the phillipines mam Alethia
  • Under Filipino law you do not have any rights to the child, the mother of an illegitimate child has sole custody. 
    The child will not have your surname unless you comply with Phillipines Republic Act 9255

    Personally I am also shocked that you think it is acceptable to take a baby away from its mother and give it to her sister.Obviously you think this baby has no needs and that an aunt is better than a mother.

     What type of visa do think Bahrain's immigration will issue the baby? The child is illegitimate and probably will not have your surname. Why can't you marry the babies mother and then apply for a family visa to allow your wife and child to join you in Bahrain.

  • Yes, i will comply with the republic act 9255.,what happened is very personal mam,unluckylly my first marriage was not that successful,we are separated for almost 7yrs now,.that is why i cannot make another marriage,.mam now this is my family,,.the mother is here also in bahrain she will just give birth in philippines,.mam now is there any chance for that?
  • I do not understand why your girlfriend is going to the Philipines to give birth, the hospitals in Bahrain are of a high standard and your girlfriend has her sister there and you. In my law practice I see people all the time who make decisions that make their life so diificult.

    If the child is born in Bahrain and as soon as it has a passport it can be added to the mothers work permit as a family visa, this is more difficult if the child is born abroad.

    Look here and scroll down to the section "Child"

    There may not be divorce in the Philipines but if you are lawfully resident in another country such as Bahrain, that does allow divorce  you can apply for a divorce in that country.

  • Assalamualaykum Mam:

    I am a Filipino a mother of four kids and i want to ask for an advice..

    this is the situation, my husband is currently working in bahrain right now and i learn that he had a mistress, this woman has no visa no working permit and a run away.they are living together but they are not legally married.And unfortunately they produce an illigitimate child born last oct 14 2014. the woman have her own family and kids back in the philippines.

    i am the legal wife and i have a marriage certificate,

    i would like to ask if i have the right to sue them of adultery according to sharia law and send them to jail and deported back to their place of origin.?
    and if i can request not to legalize their marriage in case they will decide to get married in bahrain?

    pls tell me what to do.... thank u so much for reading my message.. i will wait for your reply.
  • edited November 2014
    Cryingmother, whilst I sympathise with your plight there is very little you can do. Divorce is not recognised in the Philippines, In fact it is the only country in the world that has no divorce laws.

    Bahrain allows polygamous marriage so if your husband wants to marry he can without divorcing you. To have an illegitimate child or to be illegitimate is not a crime. 

    You must face facts  your husband has someone else and is not coming back to you and there is nothing you can do about it. Instead of sitting crying about it and finding ways to make your husband and his girlfriend pay, pull yourself together and get on with your life. This has happened to millions of women its not something new especially when one partner goes abroad to earn money.

    Find work if you don't have a job already, you need all your health and strength to care for your children .One thing you can do is write to your husbands employer and ask that a portion of his salary be sent to you every month. Other than that there is nothing you can do but move on with your life.

  • edited November 2014
    thank u for the response mom i am enlighten.

    but maam can i do something to have them deport back to phillippines? 

    because the woman he is living with, has no visa, overstaying in bahrain and she is a run away, can i report it to the police authority?
  • Cryingmother, why are you wasting your time on such bitterness?  You don't know this woman's circumstances you only know what others tell you. This will not bring back your husband, he has made his choice. In fact he will probably dislike you more if you do something to harm this woman and their child. This could have consequences for you in the long run.

    I have to be honest that I don't understand women like you who seek revenge, yes I would be hurt but I would not waste my time plotting revenge. Instead I would try to get money from my husband, the house and anything to financially help me and my children and get on with our lives. You do not need a husband or man in your life to validate you or to be successful. 

    When I worked in Bahrain many years ago I set up and administered a scheme whereby Filipino men employed by several companies were legally bound to send 30% of their salary home every month.
    I told you to write to your husbands employer and ask for whats due to you
  • Hello Ms. Alethia, good day to you. Just want to ask for an advice. I am a mother, who recently working in Bahrain, I have a 6 years old son,and he's in philippines right now. I am not married, the child is bringing my surname and there is no father's name written in his birth certificate. I want to bring him here in Bahrain. Is it possible? and what are the things I should prepare or do? Thank you very much.
  • edited August 2016
    Hi ms athena...good day i would like to ask from philippines what is the requirements in hospital during labor to deliver baby in bahrain.

  • Goodday..
    I am currently working in bahrain and a single mom of a 4th month old son..
    He is currently in thr philippines.
    I wanted to bring him here his using my surname and his dad did sign on the birth certificate.would it be posible to get him here by using my family visa if i will be the one to request?
  • edited September 2016
    I find it really strange that a single woman has a child and instead of giving the child her family name she gives the child the fathers name even though that man is not in the childs life. It is a very common practice here in the UK.

    Does this child have the same surname as you or does it have the fathers name? If it has the fathers name, then you must change it and make the childs passport with your suname not a different family name.

    To bring your child to Bahrain you will need your employers/sponsors permission and as an employer I am sure they will be concerned as to who will care for your son when you are at work and how you will cope. Bahrain is a conservative Muslim country and you may have difficulty as a single parent as this goes against the law of Bahrain.

    Residency Permit (Family Visa), must be submnitted by your employer/sponsor to the Labour Market Regulatory Authority and is then issued by the General Department for Nationality & Passport Residence.
    Requirements are :-
    Application form
    Employee & family’s passport copies
    Employee’s sponsorship letter
    Employee’s contract
    Family health record from an authorised clinic
    Applicant fee
  • My son uses my surname..
    My parents are living with me.
  • @annereyes
    Then you should have no problem.
  • Thanks..i was just worried because someone told me that it should be the dad you could req for a visa for my son.t
    Thanks for ur help.
  • @annreyes
    It is not you who requests the dependent visa but your employer/sponsor and if your child had been born in Bahrain instead of the Phillipines you would not have to worry about this.
  • hi, does anyone know where to find IVF here in Bahrain?

  • @elsanjr
    IVF is available a the Bahrain Specialist Hospital in Manama
  • Hi,
    I am a divorced female married to a Bahraini national. If I come into Bahrain on a job visa or housewife visa, can I call my daughter aged 13 to Bahrain.
  • my daughter is from my first husband and my nationality is indian
  • @banu
    As you are now married to a Bahraini national you should have no problem to bring your daughter to Bahrain.. why would you need a job visa if you are married to a Bahraini
  • Hi, Good day, Mam Alethia,

    I am currently working here in Bahrian. i was planning to get my son. i ask permission to my boss. He said he will allow. but my concern is

    I am not Married, And i dont allow the father of my son to put on my son birth certificate. He is fully on my custody.

    Is this kind of matter allow to apply here under my defendant visa?

    or need more requirements or more documents.?

    Thanking you & May Allah blesses you.

  • Ohh @ Alethia my son age is 6years old.
  • @Mei
    It is to your advantage that you did not put the boys father on the birth certificate as it would be more complicated. This way you have full custody.
    If your boss is prepared to help you then everything should be ok
  • @Alethia hi! I was recently invited for an interview in Bahrain as a waitress. I wanted to know how much will be the salary for a waitress? And since my husband is a cook, I will ask my agency to look for a job for him as well. How much will be his salary? Should you know. Also, I am planning to bring my daughter maybe after 6months or up to a yeae in Bahrain. What will be the process? I am worried if our salary will suffice the country's cost of living. Thank you in advance!
  • @bei0108
    I do not know the salaries for cooks and waitresses, you must ask the agency these questions. Also ask if the employer supplies accomodation. Why did you not ask questions at the interview?
    Your employer must assist you to bring your child. you cannot bring her to Bahrain without your employers permission.
  • @Alethia interview will be slated next week. I just accepted it today.
    I see. I'll check with them about the permission. Thank you very very much :)
  • edited June 16
    @Alethia Hi, my father and mother is in Bahrain now, im 21 yrs old and single. My mother just got there last february this year, I'm just wondering can they petition me to go there using family visa since im the youngest son and my other siblings has their own family already? My father is working there almost 21yrs until now 2018
  • @Alethia Hi, my father and mother is in Bahrain now, im 21 yrs old and single. My mother just got there last february this year, I'm just wondering can they petition me to go there using family visa since im the youngest son and my other siblings has their own family already? My father is working there almost 21yrs until now 2018
  • @xyzsample01
    Of course you can go there, I am surprised your father has not found you work if he has lived and worked in Bahrain for 21 years.
Sign In or Register to comment.