Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

change of name

edited September 2014 in - USA
The surname on my birth certificate is different from the one on my passport with a legal document backing it up. I ll like to knoiw if it doesn't really matter in granting a visa.


  • As long as you have documentation proving why you changed your name, you should be fine. If you qualify, the visa will be granted to you under the name in your passport.
  • I'm having a court affidavit and newspaper publication shwoing that I should be addressed with the new name. Only the surname tough!
Sign In or Register to comment.