Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Turkey Visa question

edited September 2014 in - Turkey
I want to live in Turkey for an extended period of time, at least 6 months, to travel and volunteer. I don't want to have to go through the process of asking for a residence permit because it is really long and tedious and now I would also need to prove I have enough funds to live for the intended period.

However I have 2 passports from 2 countries that both allow me to stay for 90 days in a 180 day period.
Can I stay 90 days with one passport, exit, and then enter again using my other passport to enter again for another 90 days?
Or do they register my arrival in some database and would it be a risk to try to come back into the country with a different passport a week after having left with another?

Thanks in advance to anyone who will offer any insight.
Tagged:

Comments

• As you are a dual national it is lawful to enter the country on either passport. As Turkey now has the electronic visa system in place you can apply for your visas easily on line.
  • I still have a valid visa for entry until December, but I've just had to renew my passport. Do I have to now get another visa? Thanks
  • The Turkish e visa displays your passport number, issue date and expiry date as you now have a new passport the details are different, therefore you need to apply for a new e visa.