Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Indian Passport/ In UK Currently/Apply for Schengen

Hi , I am an Indian passport holder and have been in UK for 3 weeks now on a 1 year ICT visa. I want to apply for schengen visa to Germany/Spain/Belgium. I have been to UK before so have a bank account for more than a year now.  

I wanted to know that can I apply for a schengen visa(as I have heard that need to be in UK for 3 months before I can apply for one)
If yes, Any suggestions around which country to apply.

Thanks,
Harmanik

Comments

• As you are on an Intra Company Transfer visa you are lawfully resident in the UK and can apply for a Schengen visa at any time. Normally you would apply to the country for the Schengen visa that you would first enter.

• I was checking documents required for Visa to Netherlands and it says salary slips for last 3 months.
    http://nl.vfsglobal.co.uk/tourist_visit.html

Since I have been in UK for only a month, will 2 Indian and 1 UK salary slip work.
    I would have 3 months of UK bank statement.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,
    Harmanik
  • edited October 2014
    Harmanik, if you were working for the same company in India as you are in the UK then your Indian wage slips would be acceptable. However you Indian wage will surely be lower than your UK wage and may not give an accurate picture of your finances.
  • Alethia, Many thanks for the response. But my UK Bank statements would be there to show the finances, or would travellers cheques be a better choice.
  • Never use travellers cheques for this type of application always use bank statements.
  • ok. So do you suggest, i go ahead with the application with UK bank statements and 2 Indian and 1 UK salary slips.

Thanks,
    Harmanik
  • Harmanik, I already answered this question on 13 October, I wrote,

......if you were working for the same company in India as you are in the UK then your Indian wage slips would be acceptable.....