Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Entry into Cyprus (Greece side) with Indian passport

edited October 2014 in - Greece and Cyprus
My son has received a job offer from XENNIS OIL & GAS, CYPRUS for working on a three year 
contract. He has been advised to contact one Mr. Lucas Stefan of Mettro Travel, Limasol, 
Cyprus having Tel no. +34796557993 for arranging all travel related documents including 
Visa . On the advise of Mr. Lucas Stefan (thru e-mail) we deposited Rs. 42,530 equivalent 
to Euro 550 in the ICICI Bank a/C of one Mr.AZAZ ABDULVADUL SHAIKH having account number 
--------3978 having Pan Card No. FMAPS----D on 09.10.2014. 

Today i.e. 13.10.2014, we have received one e-mail from Mr. Lucas Stefan demanding againINR.77660/- only 
towards BTA Bank Guarantee payment of 710 Euros and Endorsement of Visa and Working 
Permit to Cyprus (290 euros) and the same is to be paid within 24 hours. It has also been 
stated that such deposit is to be made in cash in the same account as stated above. 

Request all to kindly let us know at the earliest whether such rules exist in Cyprus 
and what should be our next course of action.
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm sorry to tell you that you have been scammed. If you look through this forum you'll see many threads detailing similar stories, and this one has all the classic elements.

NEVER send money to a person you haven't met. No legitimate recruiter will require you to pay a fee for processing or applications, this is usually covered by the employer.

I'm sorry you've lost your money, you will never see it again. You should immediately cut all contact with this person and be more careful in future of who you trust.
  • edited October 2014
    I am extremely concerned as to the amounts of money these people are asking . Did your son not check the visa/work permit process before he accepted this job offer.? The information is readily available on the internet.
    Here is the process for visas and work permits from the Cyprus government website http://www.cyprusvisa.eu/cyprus-work-permit.html

There is no such endorsement or bank guarantee. There is a bank letter of guarantee but that is only a letter and no money is required at this point. There is also no Mettro Travel listed with Cyprus Tourism

Anya is right, it appears you have been the victim of a scam and you can wave good bye to your money.

• Ditto above, you've been scammed. Xennis Oil & Gas does their job recruiting directly, they don't use an outside Agency.

http://www.xennisoilandgas.com/cyprus-oil-and-gas-job-vacancies/

That phone number isn't for Cypress and it's not for Metro Travel and Shipping, it looks like a cell number from Spain.

In any case this is yet another harsh lesson to NEVER give money to ANYONE on the Internet.

Better luck in the future.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • I am extremely grateful to you Anya, Alethia & Terry for your valuable contribution. There has been a mistake on our part. We should have checked better. But we verified the in official mail of xennis oil and gas i.e. info@xennisoilandgas which we got from the site of xennis oil and gas and received confirmation from the same mail by a person identifying himself as EGNR. NELSON WILLIAMS, HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR, Xennis Oil & Gas-CYPRUS, +357 96292004. Hence, we relied upon his advise to contact Mettro Travels. 

I do not know how many more young job seekers have been conned by these goons. Is there any way we could tell the world about such crooked minds or else they would continue to cheat other people?    
  • edited October 2014
    Hello Bisjit,

even i also recvd similar kind of offer, details are pasted below. But thankfully i did not pay any money to them.

Mettro Travel-Limassol, Cyprus
    www. mettrotravel.com
    TEL: +35796557993
    Designation: HEAD OF VISA / PERMITS OPERATIONS.
    Contact Person:LUCAS STEFAN

Regards to our agreement with the recruitment department of your employing company XOG, based here in CYPRUS concerning the processing and issuance of your working permit clearance papers we confirm further details as follows.

In order to commence processing your working/resident permit clearance papers into CYPRUS, you have to complete the copy of our applicant working permit clearance papers registration form. Return as scan e-mail attachment, along with the below identification documents:

1.  COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT.
    2.  A PASSPORTS SIZED PHOTOGRAPH (COLORED OR BLACK & WHITE)
    3.  COMPLETE WORKING PERMIT/VISA FORM AS ATTACHED BELOW.

You have to complete the registration form and send along-with pre-requisite processing fee as stated below:

A. WORK / RESIDENT PERMIT CERTIFICATE FEE = 200 EUR
    B. ENTRY CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FEE = 100 EUR
    C. RELEASE DOCUMENTS = 200 EUR
    D. SUBMISSION APPLICATION FEE = 50 EUR

TOTAL: 550 EUR (Five Hundred and Fifty EURO Only)

Note: In accordance with the contract agreement with your host employer  all expenses incurred in the process of obtaining your work and  residence permit shall be refunded back to you by your employer once  your work and resident permit has been confirmed.

We will send you by courier service the original work permit/entry visa  and all the hard copy of your documents via your forwarding address,  please indicate your preferred postal address while reverting with the  work permit requirements.

PAYMENT DETAIL 

We recommend you to pay directly to our India Stock Brokers Account detail in India Rupees(42,530 INR), through Cash Deposit  and send the Payment receipt to avoid further delay.

Payment Transfer Details:

BANK NAME: ICICI BANK
    ACCOUNT NAME: AZAZ ABDULVADUL SHAIKH
    ACCOUNT NUMBER: 195901503978
    PAN CARD NUMBER: FMAPS3939D
    IFS CODE: ICIC0001959
    BANK BRANCH: LINK ROAD MALAD WEST
    Through but we will prefer WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER if possible to avoid further delay.
  • My Offer letter from Xennis Oil:

After the review of your CV / RESUME and Answers to the submitted Online Questionnaire, the Management Board of XENNIS OIL & GAS-CYPRUS decides to employ your services for the provision of skillful expertise to her Engineering Industry in CYPRUS.

The mode of selection was based on the following;
    1. CV Screening
    2. Mode in which your data is being presented on the employment data sheet.
    3. Work experiences.We employ staff based on four core values namely Productivity, Talent, Ambitions and Character and we expect all our staff to exhibit these core values. Also we ensure that all our staff especially our International employees are comfortable.

Find Attached please e-mail this Herewith, Relevant document containing the Soft Copy of your Official Letter Of Appointment for your perusal and Approval, Kindly go through the above attach File and sign it if the terms and condition is okey Alongside with your international Passport  copies through Email Attachment.
    Upon thorough review and acceptance of this Official Letter Of Appointment, You are to immediately contact the Mettro Travel-Limasol, Cyprus via: E-MAIL OR TELEPHONE with the Sign Agreement Letter, and International Passport Copies to furnish you with the requirements and details for obtaining a Work Permit, Visa and related Travel packages for your Residence and Work Permit in CYPRUS

Be sure to send to them YOUR FULL NAME, POSTAL ADDRESS, COUNTRY OF NATIONALITY AND LOCATION AND YOUR CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBERS, for their verification and reference.

CONTACT PERSON: LUCAS STEFAN
    Mettro Travel-Limasol, Cyprus
    TEL: +35796557993
    Designation: HEAD OF VISA / PERMITS OPERATIONS.

Update us with the process between you and the Travel Office in case of advice where necessary.

Also remember that any Expenses you make on the process of procuring your Work and Resident Permit will be reimbursed to you immediately you submit your expenses report, And the reimbursement will come along with your Upfront first month Salary.

Note that failure to provide the Visa and Work Permit Paper within the stipulated time would mean an automatic termination of appointment

On behalf of the Administrative Board of Xennis Oil & Gas-CYPRUS, we congratulate and look forward to welcoming you to our warm and friendly company.

Kind Regards,
    EGNR. NELSON WILLIAMS
    HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR.
    Xennis Oil & Gas-CYPRUS
    +357 96292004
    FOR ENQUIRIES
  • Dear All,

Just to add on these, I had received the same emails, offer and appointment letters and was asked to contact the travel agency. They said they do not call for interview and they will just rely on the CV.

• Viceganda , if you had read this thread in full you will see that these emails are total scam. Do not have anything to do with these people.