Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

UK transit Visa

edited October 2014 in - Britain and Ireland
Hi,

I wish to go to Paris via a stopover at Heathrow. It says that I might require transit visa. Under what conditions do I require transit visa for the UK ? 

Comments

• Before we can advise you , please tell us what is your nationality.
  • What passport do you carry Acme? Some nationalities do require a transit visa to pass through the UK - there are two different transit visas depending on whether you are leaving the airport or not. Check if you need a visa, and what kind, here.
  • Yeah, sorry, forgot to mention. I am Indian.
  • When you say a stopover in Heathrow, do you mean you will be waiting in the airport?
    If so you will require a Direct Airside Transit Visa.  However, if you leave the airport for a maximum of 48 hours you must apply for a Visitor in Transit Visa.
  • Okay, Thanks a lot. :)
  • Im saudi arabian citizen I will go cruise in Europ and I have Shenegan visa.
    the ship stops in Southampton, UK from 8 am to 8 pm do I need visa for this 10 hours in UK ?
  • edited December 2017
    @Alethia Im saudi arabian citizen I will go cruise in Europ and I have Shenegan visa.
    the ship stops in Southampton, UK from 8 am to 8 pm do I need visa for this 10 hours in Uk ?
  • edited December 2017
    @malek
    Saudi Arabian citizens can Transit Without a Visa if they arrive and leave the UK within 24 hours , however that is through the airport. I suggest you apply for a UK transit visa just to be on the safe side. I have to say. That there really is not much to see in Southampton.
  • edited December 2017
    @Alethia thinking to spend that 10 hours in Londen ..how i apply for UK transit visa by online u mean?
  • edited December 2017
    @malekjohny
    10 hours sounds like a long time, it is not. You will loose 4 hours travelling to London and back. I suggest you look at what trips the cruise company offers rather than roaming around on your own.
    To apply for the visa go to the VFS Global website for Saudi Arabia it provides full directions on how to apply on line.