Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

schengen visa for Indian National from UK

edited October 2014 in Europe
My wife is on a Intra Company Transfer short term visa (1 year validity) in UK.
She has gone for one month now and her visa is valid till September 2015.

I also got a dependent visa for one year for UK.

Now am planning to visit her in december and then we are planning for a trip to Paris.
My duration of stay in UK will be for 15-20 days only.

Please let me know if we both can apply for schengen visa for France from UK itself and get it easily or I need to apply from India while she should apply from UK?


  • You should apply for your visa from India. Processing times can vary and it will save you a lot of worry and headache while you're visiting your wife!
  • Arpit You cannot apply for the Schengen from the UK as your visit is too short. You must apply for the Schengen visa from India .
  • Thanks Alethia and Anya for the info :)
    So I am guessing that my wife will be able to apply from UK.

    Now are thinking of dropping the idea of going to France.Instead we will cover scotland and ireland.

    Planning to go france and netherlands in my next trip.

  • Arpit, your wife can apply from the UK if she has a visa longer than 6 months. If you have a one year dependent visa you are supposed to live with your wife in the UK not just visit her for 2 or three weeks are you aware of this ?
  • Hi Alethia,

    My wife got 1 year work permit from July 2014 to july 2015 my son (8 years) is living with her and I keep visiting them on dependent visa from india to uk. we are planning to go France and Belgium with a group tour package for 5-7 days. I want know following -

    1. What will be the fee of schengen visa for 2 adult and 1 child.
    2. Can we plan our vaccation in the second week of July 2015? as our UK visa will expire with in 15 days ? or do we need to plan 3 month before UK visa expire?
    3. If I will apply visa from india, will schengen visa fee the same as applying from UK? and can I show the UK bank statement of my wife as financial proof? or I need to show my Inidan bank statements?
    4. Applying from India, Do I need to show any different document from UK. Can I get the check list of documents applying from india?

    I will be very greatful to you.
    many thanks in advance.

  • Deepak, you need to apply for a Schengen visa from India as France and other countries do not issue Schengen visas to people with UK visit visas. So you must show your Indian bank statements.

    The visa fees are the same price usually 60 Euros depending on visa your age and nationality. 

    Children between 6 and 12 years pay 35 Euros

    Finally I would not advise you to travel so close to the expiry of your wifes visa.

  • Hi Alethia.

    Many thanks for your reply and the information..

    one clerification - I have dependent visa (as wife has main work permit) not visiter visa to UK. Can I produce my bank statement as well as my wife too?

    and do you mean that I can plan my visit in July Ist week of 2015? or I can not apply that time as my wife's work permit expires after 15 days? cuz your link says

     "- You must be resident in the UK

    • Your UK residency must have at least 3 months validity after the intended date of departure from the Schengen area."

    Please clerify me if I can Plan my vaccation in July Ist week 2015 as we can spend more amount during this time.

    Thanks and Best Regards.

  • edited November 2014
    Deepak,  if you have a dependent visa you are supposed to live in the UK and you do not, you use it as a visitors visa.

    You need to have  3 months left on your UK residence permit so you can not travel in July if your wife's UK residence permit expires fifteen days after you leave the Schengen area.
  • Many thanks for your quick reply Alethia. :).

    we will plan in Feb 2015 then. and I will apply my visa from India. and my wife and Son will apply their visa from London.


Sign In or Register to comment.