Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

guyana student visa

edited November 2014 in Caribbean
Thanks Aletha for your timely response and answering all my questions.

While I was getting my documents ready to apply for Dominican republic visa. an agent I called few months told me that he can get me a Guyana student visa and wen I get to Guyana I can enter Dominican republic with my Guyana student because student visa is well recognised .

My second question is this....Nigeria is Ebola free But is there still a ban from entry into Dominican republic for Nigerians.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Teteh2 

A student visa from one country cannot get you entry into another country unless those countries have specific agreements such as the Schengen zone. Guyana and Dominican Republic have no such agreement 

I read your post again and thought how ridiculous ! Only a Nigerian "agent" would advise you to apply for a student visa for Guyana so that you could use the student visa to enter another country thousands of miles away and the  "agent" will charge you money for that piece of idiotic advice.! OMG !!

Finally there is no ban on Nigerians entering any country at this time.
  • lol.....thanks again alethia I knew I could always count on u for facts.....now to apply for Dominican visa How much in dollars can I atleast have in my statement of account? do I need to present already bought flight ticket and if I have a friend there of what help can they be in terms of assisting me to get visa.
  • Teteh2, a letter of invitation from a friend would be good especially if you are going to stay with them, for then you will not need a hotel reservation. I do not know how long you want to stay so I cannot advise about money.
    Here are the visa requirements:-

REQUIREMENTS

• Visa Form filled and completed in type or clearly printed.
    • One (1) frontal picture size 2 x 2 inches, with a white background.
    • Original passport valid for at least the duration of the requested visa or longer.
    • In the case of minors, permission of the parents or guardian when the applicant is not the mother or the father. This document must be notarized, translated into Spanish and both the original and the translation Apostilled. Alternatively, once the original document is Apostilled it can be sent for translation by the Consular Section (see translation services).
    • Documents showing the applicant's financial solvency (Letter of Bank, Letter of employment, titles of property). If a document is issued in the Dominican Republic, must be certified by a notary public and legalized by the Attorney General's Office (Procuradoría General de la República).
    • Legible photocopy of National Identity Document of the country of nationality and legible photocopy of the Residence Card if residing in a second country.
    • Legible photocopy of hotel reservation.
    • Legible photocopy of booked flight.
    • Legible photocopy of former Dominican visas or residence card (if renewing or have previously traveled to the Dominican Republic).
    • Criminal Record Certificate issued by the appropriate authorities of the country in which the person resides at the time of application. This document must be notarized, translated into Spanish and both the original and the translation Apostilled. Alternatively, once the original document is Apostilled it can be sent for translation by the Consular Section (see translation services).
    • Visa application letter from the beneficiary addressed to the Consular Section containing name, nationality, place of residence and occupation, as well as purpose of traveling to the Dominican Republic.

PROCESSING TIME

Between 10 and 15 working days depending on date of travel, prior requests and staff availability.

• thanks alethia for sharing the requirements. I want to ask. must I present booked flight( Am scared to do that wen Am NT sure of getting visa...and I don't think it's refundablr) what about presenting flight reservations. I Am 22 years Of age. I Am traveling for tourism. Am I a minor? can I give my university school fees receipt as evidence to show I will return to my home country? and lastly travelling to Haiti and seeking for Dominican visa at their consulate will it be better? thanks dear. God bless u real good.
  • Teteh you are not a minor as you are over 18 years old. I am sure a flight reservation will be ok. As well as evidence of your fees you can provide a letter from University describing your studies and stating you must return to complete them.
    I would try to obtain the visa before you leave for Haiti,if they refuse the visa in Africa try again in Haiti.
    God bless :)