Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Ukrainian to Live in UK

edited November 2014 in - Eastern Europe
Hi everyone, I hope you are well.

I was wondering if you could help me out. I have a great Ukrainian friend that I have known for a while. There is no scamming going on, and no asking for money or help before any of these messages arrive :)

It has always been their dream to move and work in England because they love it as a country.

I was just wondering if you could help me with what they would need to do, to make their dream happen. I know getting a job is the obvious one, but how would they get a job if they are not in the country? Also marriage is out of the question. Are there any methods that would work? They are 22 years old and have a stable life in Ukraine at the moment.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Samg. I am a UK immigration and human rights lawyer and can tell you this, there are millions of people like your friends who want to live in the UK. They simply cannot come and work in the UK as Ukraine is not in the EU.

Ukrainians need a visa just to visit the UK and that is not easy. To apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur work permit they need to be highly educated and have £50,000 in the bank. There is no way that your friends can come to work in the UK under the prevailing immigration rules.