Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Trying to move to Europe.

edited December 2014 in Visa and Passport

I am trying to move to the EU and I am looking for the easiest way to do it (without marrying someone). I am a US citizen and finding that is virtually impossible to do so without obtaining a Student Visa and then applying for residence. 

I am currently looking at Portugal and Germany, though I would rather move to Portugal. 

If I am to stay for more than 3 months, what visa do I need to apply for? 

Though I went to college in the US, my degree is far beyond a "specified skill" desired by the EU so finding a company in Europe willing to sponsor me will be again, impossible. 


Sign In or Register to comment.