Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Travelling to France for job purpose with German working visa for a week

edited December 2014 in - France
Hi All,

I am currently working in Germany for a firm and for the purpose of getting some project requirement I want to travel to France, another office of the same firm for a week. I am currently having working Visa for Germany. Do I need anything else to travel for this purpose? I do understand that with schengen visa I am eligible to travel to France. But the purpose comes under job related. Does it make any difference? I am not going to get any salary from France for this journey, so my travel can be considered as a normal travel? Please clarify.

thanks.

Regards,
NJ

Comments

• Nikhiljoy, as you have a German Work permit you will also have a Residence Card. this Residence Card allows you to travel to other Schengen States without applying for another visa.
  • Hello Alethia,

Thanks alot for the quick reply. Yes I do have a Registration number which is a proof that I am an authorized resident in Germany during my visa validity period. And I have travelled to many schengen countries for visiting. My doubt is for being in the office of my company in France for a week, does it makes any difference? Whether it will be counted as business trip and my current working visa is enough for this? I am not going to get any remuneration from French office, its just few meetings. So do I need to worry about any particular visa for this?

Regards,
    NJ
  • As you have a residence permit you will not be asked the purpose of your journey as there are no borders between the Schengen states.
  • Hello Alethia,

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Best Regards,
    NJ