Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Is Kingston Worth Visiting on Jamaica Holiday?

edited February 2015 in - Jamaica
Hi,
I am planning a holiday in Jamaica - first time - and I am wondering if it is worth spending any time in the capital, Kingston? Montego Bay gets rave reviews but Kingston seems to get some bad press, or none at all. Any opinions?

Comments

• Hi LaurenceJ

Sadly I haven't been to Jamaica, but a good friend of mine went a year or two ago, and she loved Kingston. I think it really depends what you are looking for: the Jamaican capital is renowned for it's fun nightlife, so if you are looking for a party it's definitely worth at least a night's stay. Also, are you landing at Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston? Because if you are it makes sense to spend at least a few hours exploring the city; whereas if you are landing at Montego Bay you may find it less worth your while to travel to Kingston. How long are you in Jamaica and what kind of holiday are you planning?

Maybe this Jamaica Travel Guide will give you some ideas.
  • I enjoyed Kingston. But it really isn't worth more than a day or two. If you are landing at the Kingston airport and you're interested in the culture of the country and not just the resorts, then staying a night or two should be worthwhile. And yes, the nightlife rocks!