Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Matriculation of a French motorhome to a Dutch person in France

edited July 2009 in - France
My father who is a French resident wants to give me his French registered motor home.

I live in Portugal and will not be going to France so I will not be there in person to get it in my name.

My brother will drive the motor home to me in Portugal.

My questions are :

How can I get the motor home in my name?

Are there taxes involved in France even if it is going to be imported to Portugal?

I have a Dutch drivers license and I know I can drive a French vehicle in Portugal. I however want to take it camping in Morocco and to go over the Moroccan border the motor home has to be in my name.

Thanks a lot if you can help me out.



  • edited 11:56PM
    Tell your father to sell the motor home,give you the money then you can buy one in Portugal ! Problem solved !
Sign In or Register to comment.