Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Belgium Schengen Tourist Visa but need to travel to Italy due to change of plans

I have a multiple entry Belgium Schengen tourist visa for 30 days, however my travel plans have changed.. can I now goto Italy on the same visa or shall I apply for a fresh Schengen visa for Italy.. what are the pros and cons of travelling to Italy on a Belgium Schengen visa?
Regards,
Tushar

Comments

• edited April 2015
    There is no such thing as a Belgium Schengen Visa or an Italian Schengen Visa. The Schengen Visa covers the entire Schengen area and all 26 member countries. With the Visa in hand there is no separate border control between any of the Schengen countries.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Terry is absolutely right Tushar. Although you are supposed to get the visa from the country you are entering first or staying in the longest, once it has been awarded you are free to travel to any Schengen country without limitation.