Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

all inclusive or room only

edited April 2015 in - Turkey
Hi
My friend and i are taking out teenage daughters for a beach holiday , probably to Icmeler, Turkey. Is it worth going all inclusive or better to go on self catering basis. Not sure about cost meals and trips etc so any advice , opinions welcome. Also any recommendations on things to do late July

Comments

• With teenagers you would be better off going all inclusive as there is so much for them to do and soft drinks are limitless. If you have never been to the ara before you would be better going on the trips with the tour company so you dont get ripped off.
  • I beg to differ! I used to travel with 4 teenagers and doing the maths it was cheaper to go Self Catering.
    At the start of the holiday I used to go and do a big supermarket shop so the fridge in the apartment was full of drinks, snacks etc and then the kids nipped back to the room from the pool. We used to have a big brunch and then maybe an afternoon snack so I wasn't trying to cook!!
    We ate out most nights and enjoyed the evening entertainment in bars etc.
    We always booked our trips with locals rather than the travel reps - we saved a fortune and often were on the same bus as those booking with the reps!
    A good tip is to eat off the main tourist drag - look where the locals are. Then head after dinner to the 'hot spots'.
    With so many travel companies classing teenage children as adults AI becomes very expensive but they can be included in the apartment occupancy for S/C.
    July will be very hot so I'd recommend to nothing slowly! A boat trip is a great day out. Usually lunch is included but you pay for drinks. Generally the boats stop in several places to swim. Take plenty of sun cream as it can feel cooler out on the water but the sun is still as strong.
    Also a lot of the AIs are fairly remote so getting out and about is more taxing.
  • I think that you must prefer to that inclusive with teenager .But Its totally depends upon your choice .