Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Plan to travel alone in south korea

edited May 2015 in - South Korea
hi!

I'd like to ask is it safe to travel alone to south korea? Since, i'm very fascinated of the korean foods, movies, cultures and i plan to visit to south korea if possible this year. Can you suggest me when is the best time for this year to visit korea. Hope to hear you soon.
Thank you so much.

Comments

• South Korea has four distinct seasons. Summer from June to August are hot and humid, winter from December to February are icy cold and dry, autumn September – November and Spring, March - May are the ideal times to visit offering warm sunny days with clear blue skies ripe for sightseeing.
  • South Korea is generally very safe and is a good option for independent travel, but you don't give details about your sex, age and nationality? Are you an experienced traveller? Check out this South Korea Travel Guide for details on safety, climate, health and all sorts of other odds and ends.
  • A woman traveling alone in South Korea is as safe as in most major cities in the world. Still, you should avoid walking around alone at night in small alleys. If you want to avoid unnecessary stares, be sure to dress conservatively, avoiding crop-tops, miniskirts, or flip-flops. You'll want to dress especially conservatively when visiting temples, since you may not be admitted. Also, always ride in the back of a taxi, not in the front seat next to the driver.