Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Cuba Tourist card

edited September 2015 in - Cuba
I am flying to Cuba from London via Madrid and don't have a tourist card…will this be a problem?

Comments

• Yes, it could be a huge issue.

You give no clue of your nationality, or airline, or whether you're on a package tour or travelling independently... but under most circumstances showing up at the airport without a Cuban Tourist Card will mean you can't board the aircraft.

Need more info.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hi Terry,

We're Irish citizens travelling from Gatwick via Madrid to Havana.
    I had read that you could buy the tourist card at Havana airport upon arrival but I've read conflicting reports hence my enquiry.

Thanks.
  • Gatwick = London...
  • Flying Air Europa, long haul leg operated by LOT (Polish Airlines)…this is not part of a package.
  • edited June 2015
    1.) You can't buy the Tourist Card upon arrival in Cuba except under special circimstances. In any case you won't be allowed to board the aircraft without it.

2.) According to this it doesn't look like Air Europia supplies the Tourist Card:

http://aea.aireuropa.com/waeam/uk/estaticos/guia_pasajero/vuelos_cuba.html

3.) That means you have to secure it before you leave. I've used these guys before, they're dependable:

http://www.cubavisas.com/visa.php?act=tcform&flight=yes&accom=no

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hi Terry and anyone curious about Cuban tourist visas…

I have come back from a great holiday to Cuba and wanted to update this thread so that others travelling from Gatwick might benefit.

I bought my Cuban tourist card from the Virgin Holiday desk at Gatwick airport. I was lucky as they happened to have a flight out on the same day as me. I was NOT flying with Virgin and no part of the holiday was booked through them. They charged me £15 per tourist card (we were a party of 3) and I filled them out at the airport before we checked-in.

I hope this is helpful to anyone else who runs into last minute 'no tourist card!!!' problems.

Thanks,

Tara.
  • I AM FLYING TO CUBA FROM LIMA VIA PANAMA ON COPA AIRLINES, CAN I GET MY CUBA TOURIST CARD AT PANAMA AIRPORT FROM COPA AIR?
  • If flying from US to either Canada or Mexico then to Cuba, where would I get a tourist card? At the airport before my flight to cuba?
  • 1.) Yes, you can buy the Tourist Card from Copa at the airport.

2.) All charter fights from the US supply the Tourist Card. All flights from Canada supply the Tourist Card. In Mexico you purchase the Tourist Card at the airport.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Hi, we're travelling from South Africa to Mexico and want to spend a week in Cuba, do we get a tourist card at the Mexican airport
  • Yes, nothing has changed from previous advice.

Cheers,
    Terry