Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Schengen Visa Validity

Hi,
Can somebody please clarify for me, I know that on a Schengen visa I can visit multiple countries in the Schengen zone while it is valid, regardless of which country issued the visa, but can I leave the Schengen zone and return? I mean if the visa is still valid and I haven't used up my 90 days. I am British. What I'm really asking is whether there is such a thing as a multiple-entry Schengen visa or if all Schengen visas are automatically multiple-entry...

Comments

• @MaggieMay, if you are a British citizen you don't need a Schengen visa.
  • Oh sorry! I meant to add that I am travelling with a South African. Can a South African get a multiple-entry Schengen visa or can they travel to France then to the UK then back to the Schengen zone (destination undecided) on a valid Schengen visa without worrying about the multiple entry?
  • The UK is not in the Schengen zone therefore your South African companion will also require a UK visit visa. You can travel in and out of the Schengen Zone dependent upon the validity of the Schengen visa
  • Okay brilliant. She has a valid UK visa already, so it was just the order of the itinerary that was worrying us. Thanks!