Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Passport control for a Ship Cruise in Schengen states?

There is such a thing called LTV schengen visa(limited territorial validity schengen visa) which states that this particular visa is only valid in a country which name is stamped on the top right of the visa(I saw this kind of visa) and not valid in all schengen countries. So, technically with this visa, you cannot go to other schengen countries but you are only milited to one country named in this visa..However, since there are no passport control between schengen countries(maybe just a random ones), someone who holds this visa, once entering the country the visa is valid for, can move around anywhere in the 23 schengen countries without being caught. This is the trick of most Russians and Ukrainians who can easily get LTV schengen visa for Lithuania then move to other schengen countries(Italy, France, etc) even if their LTV visa only states they can only stay in Lithuania.
My girlfriend is from Ukraine and she received an LTV schengen visa valid for Lithuania(LTV for Lithuania is the easiest visa to get for Russians and Ukrainians). She can go to Lithiuania, a schengen state, then from there, she can easily fly or travel by land to Italy, France and other schengen countries even with LTV visa because there will be no passport control...but my question is- we plan to take a ship cruise. Can she get away with the LTV(limited territorial schengen visa) with a cruise? Is there a passport control for ship cruises even if the ship only travels within schengen zone?
Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2015
    When you apply for the Schengen visas for cruises, you normally apply for the visa to the country where the cruises starts from. They know its a cruise and should issue a multiple entry visa.
    I also suggest you speak to the company operating the cruise who can advise you further.
  • thanks. She already has a visa valid for 3 months, but it is a Limited(LTV) schengen visa limited to Lithuania only..so technically, with this LTV visa, she is allowed to be in Lithuania only (and no other schengen states). However, as most Russians and Ukrainians do with such special visa, she can fly to Lithuania then fly or travel by land to other schengen states without being stopped or checked because there is no passport control anymore at airports or borders between schengen countries. But my question is what if she travels by ship? Is there a passport control at docks?
  • Stop with the LTV lecture ! You have gone on and on about Schengen limited visas, its no secret that when you have a Schengen visa for one country you can travel to others. There are no borders, that is the reason for the Schengen treaty

I clearly answered your question.........
    When you apply for the Schengen visas for cruises, you normally apply for the visa to the country where the cruises starts from. They know its a cruise and should issue a multiple entry visa.
    I also suggest you speak to the company operating the cruise who can advise you further.

If the cruise leave from Lithuania, then she must reapply for a multiple entry visa.