Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Entrance to Schengen area

HI
I got a schengen visa from French embassy so it will should be the entrance to schengen area from France so
1. if i will stay in France for 3 days , Amsterdam 3 days and Spain 5 days is that wrong?
2. is Switzerland from the schengen countries or no ?
3. my visa vaild for 30 days during three months can use it to enter France and then go back my home and then go to Spain without entering from France ( my visa is multi entrance)
Many thanks
Mohamed

Comments

• Switzerland is a Schengen country. The whole idea of a Schengen visa is to allow travel between all Schengen countries with one visa so your travel plans are not wrong.
    If your visa is a single entry then you can not go home and come back that would be a multiple entry visa
  • Can i enter france with a spanish visa? I got the schengen visa issues by spain but have tickets of france?
  • As Alethia said in the above post, once a Schengen visa is granted it allows entry to all Schengen countries, regardless of which country issued it. So yes, you can visit France with a Schengen visa issued by Spain.
  • Thank u Ella! Is it a must for me to visit spain too? Or can i just visit france and cone back?
  • Technically one is supposed to apply for a Schengen visa through either the country one is entering first or spending the most time in, but I have never heard of this being enforced and it is pretty common for travellers to change their plans. You should be fine.
  • Due to the refugee crisis the Schengen zone is wide open, I doubt if any official would have the time or energy to notice where you are travelling Amena.
  • Thank u Alethia! My concern is the port of entry...im an indian travelling from KSA for vacation....when we enquired the french embassy here....they seemed very reluctant and was insisting that we go to spain first :neutral:
  • One more query...just incase they dont let us enter france ...can we take a flight to spain from the same airport? I really appreciate ur help!! And would also wAnt to know if u work as a consultant for such queries
  • If they refuse you entry to France they will cancel your visa so yo wont be going anywhere but home.
    I do work as a lawyer/consultant.