Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Safari in Gabon? when is the best time to go to Gabon

edited September 2015 in - West Africa
I want to go to Gabon in December during the summer to see the turtles. Has anybody been and can help me out? I see it is quite a difficult place to navigate. Also, is December a good time to visit the country weather wise? What can I expect from the climate?

Comments

• Hi Hitchhiker's, (cool name by the way)

Most people make the mistake of thinking that they can only see the turtles in Gabon properly in December, but you can actually see them from November to February. However, if you want to see baby turtles then go to Gabon in December or January.

The weather in Gabon is hot during December, it is the height of summer so its going to be high 20s (celsius– over 75°F). Dry season is in December and January, rainfall in Gabon is low at this time of year. It's a good time to go to Africa (below the equator) in general, most countries will be hot and dry.

If you want a better chance to see gorillas, the rainy season in Gabon is the best time to go. Otherwise, just call up at the lodges and parks to find out about the seasonal wildlife.

I hope this helps!
    Take care
    R