Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Multi-Entry Schengen Visa Enquiry

edited September 2015 in Europe
I stayed in Switzerland for 5 days & 4 nights. Swiss embassy in London issued Schengen Visa with 90 days validity & multiple entries. Now here is my query,

If I travel to another Schengen country, can I stay more than the time spent in Switzerland? i.e. more than 5 days in this case (actually am planning to stay in Italy/Spain for 6 days)

Many Thanks,

Comments

• You can visit Italy and/or Spain for as many days as you like within the period that your visa is valid. You have 90 days to spend wherever you want in the Schengen zone. As your visa is multiple entry you can also leave the zone and return so long as the visa is still valid.
  • Thanks for the prompt response.

However I found below information in FAQ’s (Source: https://www.vfsglobal.ch/switzerland/uk/faqs.html)

==========
    • Is the visa issued by the Visa Application Centre/Embassy of Switzerland in London valid for Switzerland only?

The Visa Application Centre/Embassy of Switzerland in London issue visas for Switzerland and for the other Schengen states. The Schengen visa issued by the Regional Consular Centre in London gives access to 24 Schengen countries in total. However, Schengen visa applications will only be accepted by the Visa Application Centre/Embassy of Switzerland in London if Switzerland is the country of maximum stay. Should the duration of the stay be the same in several Schengen states, Switzerland must be the first point of entry.
  • Ah I see why you're confused. People applying for Schengen visas are supposed to apply at either the first Schengen country they will be entering or the country they will be staying in for the most time. However, in practice, once the visa has been granted it doesn't matter which Schengen country approved it - the longest stay clause is very seldom enforced and you're unlikely to even be asked about it.
  • Thanks, that clarifies...