Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Where to go in Europe in December?

edited September 2015 in Europe
I am from India and now in England on 1 year short team work permit.
I have 11 days holiday in December (24 Dec 2015 to 3 Jan 2016) and planning to visit some of the European countries. I like solo adventure travelling (like walk/hiking/trekking) and prefer to visit less populated places and like to be close with nature (except some iconic places). Could anyone please suggest some good places to visit in these 11 days holiday during winter in Europe so that I can apply for Visa. If I do not find any option I am okay to travel in a group as well. Just want some advice on Europe travel in December as I am new to Europe. Thanks

Comments

• I like Budapest as well but there is a rather noticeable travel distance between Prague and Budapest so I'd probably not combine in a 5 day trip, considering your interest to limit in-between travel time. Also, not sure that Budapest offers 5 solid days of good things to do for everyone, especially if you don't like Christmas Market activities.