Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Malta visa refuse

Hi all,

I got my schengen visa refused today, i submit all the required document including a letter from my company and all the verification data of my friend who is working in Malta and I supposed to stay with here, confirmed ticket and bank statement .

they mentioned two reasons
1- the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.
note here, my friend passport, work permit, salary slip and a form filled by her was attached .

2-your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

Note, i am working in international company in dubai and submitted confirmed ticket for my flight .

i donot know what to do to get the visa? what else can I submit. please advice

Regards
Tagged:

Comments

• "... note here, my friend passport, work permit, salary slip and a form filled by her was attached..."

She's not applying for the Visa, you are. Like many Visa applicants you mistakenly think that a "sponsor" is more important than it really is.

You need to provide more documentation that proves your personal ties to your home country so you can demonstrate that you will not stay illegally and that you will in fact return home.

You obviously didn't convince them that you're truly a tourist.

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • thanks for your reply,

I meant that in additional to my document i prove the sponsor data. I did submit a letter of my company provide my position and salary, 6 month bank statement

that is why i am asking what shall i do exactly to avoid these comments again.

and to get the visa?

• what shall i provide to let them convinced that iam satisfied in my residence country.

by the way I am Egyptian who is working in Dubai and i have residence visa in uae
  • zozo2 Are you male or female and how old are you?
  • female 36
  • @zozo2 ,your problem is your lack of strong ties to Dubai which is not your home country. What is your job in Dubai and how long have you been there?
  • cost engineer at international company , i am here for one year and half, my visa has another 6 month validity
  • Cost engineer in international company, i am here since 1and half years. my visa has another 6 months validity.
  • I think that is your problem, your visa has only six months left and you have no strong ties to Dubai., other than your job,
  • Zozo... put yourself in the position of the Schengen official... he/she MUST have solid paperwork back-up that convinces them that you will absolutely leave the Schengen Zone before your Visa expires.

What documentation can you give them in order to instil confidence that you will leave as promised?

You're in a very difficult position and it may not sound fair, but you have to see the situation through their eyes...

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Terry, Alethia,

Thank you for your kind response.

Terry,

Yes, I believe it is totally unfair and doesn't make any sense. I am a tourist who has a job in another city and in a good company , why i will stay their!!. I see all of it against the human rights and my freedom to travel but it sound like I have to find a way to deal with it.

any way , thanks alot , it was really great talking to you as i am very new here. :)
  • "... Yes, I believe it is totally unfair and doesn't make any sense..."

I feel your pain zozo, but you have to step back and see both sides.

If there weren't strict Visa controls then many countries would be absolutely avalanched with immigrants. You can not expect to have some kind of automatic "right" to travel. That would result in an out-of-control disaster for some countries.

There are always (at least) two sides to the story.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • I agree with you that they should keep their countries safe.

but as example they put condition that they want at least 3 months visa validity in the current residence country , now it could be a concern that I have only 6 months.

Dubai is very good country for expats as no taxes and the income is higher than same positions in UK as example. I have engineering degree with 12 years experience and could be welcomed in any country if i want to migrate through the legal channel. if he google my company name he will know it has branches in U and Canada as well so easlly guess i could be transferred rather than loss my job . if he has doubt he can call me for interview but they choose the easiest way to them with no respect of my time and effort and money to cover the long list of documents they asked for.

I agree on the regulation to get the visa and it is right for every one to protect his/her country and disagree with the way they apply it .
  • Bottom line... You can't demonstrate any ties that will ensure your return to the UAE or your home country of Egypt.

You have to understand the position they're in. Their hands are tied.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Terry,
    could you please give me example to these ties ?
    if i approved that I am studying a master in one of the universities here , it could be accepted tie?

regards
  • edited November 2015
    @zozo2 I think that your studies would be a great help to you. It is a big dissapointment to be refused a visa, we do understand. So reapply and put all details about the masters course, your progress, and a letter from the university. Good luck.
  • Alethia,

So appreciated . I will :)

I would like to thank you and Terry for your time and help.

Regards