Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

The truth about visiting Egypt

2»

Comments

• edited 1:04PM
    AND WHY DOES ONE PUT EGYPT IN THE MIDDLE EAST FORGODSAKE WE AFRICANS WE IN AFRICA .LOOK TO THE GEOGRAPHY AND MAPS
    WELL I HAVE READ MOST OF UR POST AND I THNAK U ALL BECASUE U PAINTED A ALL ROUND PICTURE FOR ME AM GOING EYGPT IN A WEEK TIME AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE AND IT IS NICE TO GET POSTIVE FEED BACK SO U KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR URSELF AND HOW TO BE I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF NEGATIVE FROM PEOPLE WATCHING NEWS AND OTHERS WHO FEEL THEY KNOW BEST BUT READING WHAT ALL OF U HAVE TO SAY HELP ME TO KNOW HOW TO BE A WOMAN GOING THERE SO I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU AND KEEP IT UP
    Dear All,

Egypt is a country with 85 million people, like any part of the world, there will always be the minority that creat choas and will might at times creat a negative image of the country, nevertheless I would agree with fact, that yes Egypt is safe and a wonderful country to be in. People are friendly and hospitable and would love to be at your service. Go there and enjoy and be safe.

I would advice that visitors, respect our cultures, religion and traditions - and by that I dont mean go wear a hajabm but be moderate in the way you are dressed, dont go around drunk, be friendly with people, but make sure you aint getting to perosnall, unless thats whats you are looking for.

Egypt is a great country, great people, country of history and pride. Love you Egypt. For those have you that havent visited Egypt, you are surely missing loads.
    Please stop nonsence about egypt being a safe place. Their repressed men rape and kill foreign women and get away with it. Do not travel there.
    Ah beautiful (of course you are) - repressed men??? Oh please.............they do not rape and kill foreign women. I am a foreign woman, I live in Tunisia, I have travelled by myself many, many times to Egypt HOWEVER......I dress modestly, I respect the culture, the religion and the values and I behave myself. I also do not drink, get drunk, flirt with the poor repressed men or invite them or accept invitations. Please stop this nonsense now!!
    Lesley ....google Sunday incident in Egypt Russian female severely beaten and raped while alone in her 5 star hotel resort room......by hotel staff who tried assumed she was dead and didnt even hide from the police,..... she survived thats the ONLy reason he was arrested...and what about Lora Logan?
    Please younge women DO NOT TRAVEL To Egypt its extremely dangerous...they get away with rape and murder...Lesley it will happen to you one day
    There was a french tourist killed in Cairo blast.I agree a very dangerous and uncivilized place for anyone and especially european women.
    Beauiful?I checken the horrible details of that. He was looking for single victim. Knocking on the hotel rooms. He worked in 5 star resourt.As soon as he got into her suite he started to beat her. Putting her unconscience and then beating and raping her. He also was putting boiling water on her face and body. When she was gaining conscienceness he was beating her in the head again and again with his feet. The whole room was covered in blood and Egyptian Government was trying to cover it up. They would if she died. You are right. That is really sadistic behavious :( I will never travel there.
    I don't really want to start a fight here but I feel more stressed and nervous when I travel to England you don't know what is going to happen there!!! Look at the riots, looting, muggings and murder on the streets. If you care to look at the comparison stats between countries you will see that western countries are far, far more dangerous for us all
    Beautiful, frenchboy and Jack – Listen up:

Egypt has the most amazing pieces of architectural construction that you're ever likely to see. The pyramid shape is a unique geometrical symbol, strongly resembling the carbon atom’s structure, upon which all earthly life is based. The accuracy, the geometry, the orientation to the north, the alignment of the King's & Queen's chambers to the stars Orion & Sirius (like their King & Queen Gods, Osiris & Isis).....all fascinating stuff..

Beautiful – never known anyone call themselves beautiful, I think you should leave this for others to judge! However, it seems to me that you are in no position to make a judgment about Egypt or anything else for that matter….

Frenchboy - please join an English language class urgently, what are you actually trying to say here?

Jack, please do some reading, you are miss-informed.

Lesley – please don’t bother yourself with those uneducated individuals.

Best

A
    Hi,

I just came back from Egypt.

Rippin off is putting what they are din to touists, mildly. We felt like we were bein sold and re-sold, so that everybody will come and take our money. They call each other cousins and charge you for saying hello. Saying no, does not stop them.

I have travelled to so many countries, and all of them have thieves and crooks. However, they do not opeate as business men and never been ripped by them. In Egypt the line between theft and business is blurred.

Bright

Lying, deceipt and taking a foreigners money for nothin seemed to have become a normal thin to do.