Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Passport expires in November - travelling to Europe and back to Singapore in June/July though...

I live in Singapore (with a FIN ID Card) and have a UK passport that expires in November 2016. I am travelling in Europe in June, and plan to return to Sing July 1st. This means there will be less than 6 months on my passport for both the European travel (France and Spain) and when I come back to Sing. My question is whether there will be any issue with me re-entering Singapore with my current passport? ie can i get it changed when back in July? I think Europe should be fine with it.

Comments

• Travelling in Europe with a British passport is not a problem. Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay; you don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.
    However Singapore is very strict and the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office states the following.
    Entry requirements for a British passport holder entering Singapore are that the British passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Singapore. If you are intending to transit Singapore to neighbouring countries, make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months. You may be refused entry or turned away by airlines if your passport does not meet this requirement.
  • Thank you Alethia - I'll apply for a new passport in a window between now and then when not travelling.