Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

UK Visa Application

edited January 2016 in - Tunisia
Can someone please give me some advice on whether my husband needs to have his translated papers stamped by ministers of Foreign Affairs and Justice for his visa application to UK. ive tried to tell him he does not need the stamps only the translation but he is adamant that he does.
the other issue i have is .... he says that all his paper work needs to be less than 3 months valid date on it?
he has applied before and been refused and is scared it is rejected again i think? he is now sitting the new IELTS this month if the paper work has to be 3 month or less dated he will need to start again.
its costly and time consuming.

Comments

• @zarra_fran. I do not know what country your husbands from but his translated documents DO NOT need
    stamps from the Ministry of Justice.

You must supply six months payslips and bank statements the latest of which cannot be older bthan 28 days by the date of application. All other documents from the sponsor such as utility must be recent and no older than 3 months except for the counci tax bill / mortgage letter as the invoice is usually issued annually.

Sounds to me like you dont know what your doing, you dont correlate documents until he passes the English language test
  • HI IM TUNISIAN IN I HAVE CHILD IN UK I WANT TOO SEE ENY HLEP
  • edited January 2016
    @bassem without a court order or letter from your British partner giving you contact to your child you will be unable to apply for a UK visa.
  • I WAS IN UK BEFOR BUT WITH SOME ELLES WE DONT GET ON SOO BEFOR MY VISA RUN OUT I CUM HOUME IS THE WILL MAK THING HARD FOR ME SORRY TO ASK
  • THINKS
  • Oh dear @Bassem if you had a British child you did not need to leave the UK even if you are not married to the childs mother.
    Are you divorced from your previous partner?
  • BUT WEN IWAS IN UK I DONT HAVE THE CHILD I MEET MY NEW PARTNER AFTER I CUM BACK FROM UK IN IM STILL MARRIGE THE DIVORS TAKING LONG IN TUNISIA IN IWANT SEE MY daughter SHES 1 NOW IN I DONT EVEN SEE HER JUST IN PHOTO
  • I HAVE BEN IN 3 COURT BUT IM NOT DIVORSET YHET BECOUS MY X CANT CUM TO THE COURET
  • @bassem you cannot apply to see your child until you are divorced.
    Lesley our Tunisian expert can advise you about Tunisian divorce , I am sure you do not need your wife in court to divorce,
  • THINK YOU SO MUCH MY PARTENR SEND ME EVERY THING THIS WEEK SO IM NOT APPLYING TELL I GET DIVORS
  • edited January 2016
    Bassem You say that you have already been to the court but I don't understand why you can't have the divorce after 3 times. The divorce can take some time for you but until you send the invitation from the court it won't start. Please let me have more details - you can send them to my mail box privately.
  • hi lesley think you ; the problam is the invitasion my lowyer sad the post dont send back eny think
  • Bassem - I don't understand......your lawyer should send the invitation by FedEx so that you have tracking and signed receipt. She doesn't have to reply or acknowledge. Once the letter is sent the court gives a date for divorce hearing. If she doesn't show at the court then another date is set and another letter goes to her. Again if she doesn't come then the court will set a third date. If on the third court date she still doesn't come or send a representative your divorce will be granted.
  • hi lesley the rufuse becouse the invitasion soo im having new lawyer hop i get divors soon i want too see my chiled becouse the say i cant play for visa tell im divorset
  • Cheers Alietha.
    The bank statements etc I know about and I have done what needs to be done. I have a solicitor who has advised this. So things are good in that area.
    However the stamps is an area that is unclear as there is no advice on any website regards this. So this is the only area where I don't know what way to go. Hence posting for advice on this forum
  • @zarra_fran
    I have been an immigration lawyer for over twenty yeaes and I have no idea what "stamps" you are talking about.
  • HI ALETHIA IS BASSEM AGAIN:so if i got my divors can you hlep see my chiled becouse i see that you are immigration lawyer my partner will contacet you if tha ok
  • Hello Alethia
    Hope you're doing well!
    I live in London my husband is in Dubai we gathered all the documents that I need and started the process and today his going to submit the documents in Dubai and I just want to know how long is going to take they said 12 weeks I heard it's faster in Dubai is it true? If its true how long?
    Thank you
  • @Nettie
    There is no truth in the claim that one British mission processes applications faster than an other including Dubai. There are standard processing times that all visa processing centres must uphold.
    https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/dubai-united-arab-emirates/settlement-visas/settlement
  • hi i am an indian & got married in feb just 16 dys back.my husband is an uk citizen.what all documents we require to process uk spouse visa??.i hv studied throughout eng medium do i have to gv IELTS EXAM??how long it takes after we apply??do i have to go for an interview??
  • @Bushra22
    Applying for a UK visa is very complicated and the immigration rules must be strictly adhered to. I am an immigration lawyer and suggest your husband seeks professional help when applying for your visa. The requirements are far more than a list of documents.
    These are the Home Office rules for settlement applications which lists the specified
    evidence.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

You definitely have to take the IELTS test it is called LIFE SKILLS and is specifically for the spouses of UK citizens do not confuse this test with the IELTS acadenic exam. If you do not take this test your visa will be refused.

The settlement visa process can take between 60 and 120 days.
    You will not be interviewed.
    Your husband must earn a minimum of £18600 per annum before tax if he does not earn this salary there is no point in applying.

• thnkzz n wht other documents we require apart from £18600 per annum....Apparently i have spoke with few ppl they all tld me dat if i am frm english med i do not have to gv IELTS Test...bt I will find it out..
  • edited February 2016
    @Bushra22
    these are the British Immigration rules pertaining to the English language requirement found in Appendix FM

English Language Requirement

E-ECP.4.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence that they-

(a) are a national of a majority English speaking country listed in paragraph GEN.1.6.;
    (b) have passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the Secretary of State;
    (c) have an academic qualification recognised by UK NARIC to be equivalent to the standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English;

You are not from a a majority English speaking country
    You have not passed the IELTS test
    An Indian degree is not equivalent to a British degree.

Stop listening to people and follow the UK rules, or you will not be granted a visa
  • thnkzz noted..
  • Thnkzz....