Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Getting to the Taj Mahal in India

edited May 2016 in - India
Hello. am planning on a trip to India soon in middle June. Have read few comments and blog, but unsure where can i get the fastest route to Taj Mahal.
Can someone kindly advice which airport is the nearest to Agra. Chennai or New Delhi? am not quite sure where the best possible departure to choose.
need help here. Thx

Comments

• @suhanis
    Agra has its own airport with flights from Delhi and other cities landing there
    Delhi airport is closer than other airports its is 3 to 3.5 hours from Agra

• @suhanis
    I would advice you to get down at Delhi Airport, from there you can take either
    private cab or Govt buses to Agra which available frequently at all times.
  • Or you can take a train from on of Delhi railway stations (we used Nizamuddin) and it will bring you to Agra in several hours. Additionally you will see the real India :smiley:
  • I will suggest you for Agra trip your nearest point is New Delhi Railway station or Nizamudin Railway Station and also suggest you if you plan for Agra trip so contact us India Nice Holidays travel agency provide excellent tour & service i already take this service Amazing.
  • edited June 2016
    Hi Suhanis,
    Agra is well connected by road and train from Delhi. The distance between Delhi and Agra is 212 kilometre by road. The expected travel time from Delhi to Agra is 3 hour via Delhi to Noida to Yamuna Express Way to Agra.
    The another way to reach Delhi to Agra is by train. You can book Gatiman Express from Nizamuddin Railway Station to Agra. The expected travel time is 100 minute only.
  • Hello,

You have to choose delhi as your landing city and then you can easily get the transport whatever you want like Bus or Train. By choosing train its almost 3 h 30 min (232.7 km) via Taj Express Highway/Yamuna Expy.
    if you choose flight it will be via Varanasi and distance about between the two cities is 135 km (84 miles) this is by AIR INDIA.