Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Korean immigration: overstaying and used different name on passport

edited March 2016 in - South Korea
hello just like to ask because i have a friend who overstayed in korea and used a different name on her passport and was noticed during her exit in coming back home but she was told that she could go back to korea but don't know how many years after? could you please tell me something about this case? thank you


  • edited March 2016

    Only Korean immigration can advise you of when she can return and I suggest she gets a passport in her real name.

  • @Alethia: thank you
  • hi there.. hope you're having a good day..
    my bestfriend who's in korea now is staying illegally there for almost 5 months now and im worried about her.
    i just talk to her about her plan on VOLUNTARILY exit korea.. because she wants to go back to ph and apply for US fiance' visa.. because she has bf who wnats to marry her.. but her problem is .. the EMBASSY OF US will ask for her POLICE CLEARANCE from embassy of korea.. will she would be able to get one??
    please i wanna help her and she's kinda feeling stress now and she thinks she's pregnant,, i wanna help her..
  • @yssa
    Your friend is very foolish, as an overstayer she is breaking the law and of course the Korean government will not give her Police Clearance. She needs to go back to the Phillipines.
Sign In or Register to comment.