Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Indian Visa - MJ possession 1987

I am UK citizen born and bred aged 62 Want to apply for a visa to go to India for 5 weeks as a tourist, on a retreat. I have a marijuana conviction, possession - minor amount, conditional discharge.. record now expunged UK, in 1987. I was also deported from the US as an illegal in Jan 2013. Will I be refused a Visa to India? No point in paying £3k for a retreat if I don't get a visa.


  • More importantly, no point in paying for a retreat until you apply for and receive the Visa.

  • @Sunnygirl

    Please do not pay for the retreat until you are granted the visa. Your 1987 criminal record is long gone but you may have a problem with the fact you were deported from the US three years ago.
Sign In or Register to comment.