Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Holidays in Tuscany

Hello!

I'm going to Tuscany this Summer and need some recommandation regarding Hotels, Resorts..

Maybe you guys know some nice places to stay never been to italy before!!

: )

Comments

• @travelchris
    What a wonderful place to spend your first visit to Italy, Tuscany in my opinion is a magical place.

This site has some fabulous photos of the places to visit.

http://www.touropia.com/best-places-to-visit-in-tuscany/

I have stayed in hotels in Florence and in Pisa but its hard to recommend a hotel when you do not know the travellers budget.
    In my opinion renting a villa or an apartment is the best way to stay in Tuscany.Hire a car to visit the wonderful towns, although there is a very good train service between the larger towns,

I am sure you will have a wonderful holiday.
  • Hi @travelchris

Tuscany is wonderful, I agree! Going on what Alethia has said, there are some incredible places to visit and things to do. Check out the free Word Travels guide of Tuscany and all its attractions here. It also includes short day trips and excursions from Tuscany. It will give you an idea of which attractions most interest you, and that may help you decide where you want to stay (for booking hotels etc).

• I'm jealous - what a special place. I agree with Alethia that the best way to experience Tuscany is to hire a villa or cottage in the countryside and rent a car so that you can drive to all the special small towns and cities. I was lucky enough to explore quite extensively and top of my list of must-see places in Tuscany is San Gimignano.
  • edited April 2016
    I agree San Gimignano is great, a pigeon managed to poop,on me in Sienna !! but there are fabulous medieval towns and villages wherever you turn in Tuscany. In recent years, the town of Volterra has attracted international attention for its connection to the Twilight series of books and movies. Part of the second movie, New Moon, was filmed in Volterra and Montepulciano.

For the wine lovers amongst us Tuscany is famous for its wines, great for relaxing at the end of a days sightseeing, such as

Vino Nobile di Montepulciano one Italy's classic red wines, Vernaccia di San Gimignano a white wine and perhaps the famous red wine Chianti in its iconic straw basket
  • edited April 2016
    ohh Tuscany is such a wonderful place!! I've been there several times and always had a wonderful time there.

Me and my husband spent our last holiday at tuscany resort Castelfalfi.

You should definitely check it out! They also have a great golf course!

If you have any questions just message me : )

Laura