Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Do I need to book in advance to travel in March?

I'm wondering if I need to be booking hotels/hostels/guest houses/bungalows in advance for a 3 week trip in March 2017? Will we be able to have a few options of places to stay wherever we go? There is only two of us, is March extremely busy?

Comments

• Thailand is a big country.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever when you fail to mention where you will be travelling.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • @monicakira11, as Terry says, it totally depends where in Thailand you are going. If it is a major resort or touristy area you probably will need to book in advance - let us know where you want to go and we'll do our best to advise you.
  • Sorry I should have been more specific, we will be flying into Bangkok where I will precook a hotel since it's a long flight to get there. From there we'll be going to chiang Mai and lampang. From there flying to Phuket, then off to the island of Koh phi phi and surrounding islands (not exactly sure where yet) then to the island of Koh Tao and Koh Samui
    Thanks for the help!
  • The cool season between November and February is considered the best time to visit Thailand but as I understand it the popular areas are likely to be busy anytime outside of monsoon season (June - October). I don't know Thailand well but most of the places you are visiting are well-known. You will probably be able to find accommodation without pre-booking but my worry is that you won't get prime spots and you may not have much choice. It may also end up being more expensive due to lack of options. I would advise booking at least some of your accommodation in advance because that way you can do some research and book places with positive reviews etc. Perhaps leave parts of your itinerary open so that you can be flexible and don't feel too tied down.