Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Schengen visa query - marriage and settlement

edited August 2016 in - General Europe
Hello everyone, I want to know if your schengen multiple visa C can make you settle down at the country with your husband who is EU citizen. Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2016
    @freda
    If your husband is an EU citizen who is living and working in a different EU country then you can apply to settle in that country.
    For example if your husband is Polish and he is living and working in France then you can settle in France.

However if you have a visit visa to your husbands own EU country you cannot always apply to settle in his home country it depends on the immigration rules of that country.
  • Thanks Alethia, my husband is in Bulgaria and I'm in Bulgaria as well and i have Germany visa C multle. We want to settle down there in Germany is possible for me to settle down there with my husband? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon
  • @freda
    Yes you can settle in Germany with your husband
    To settle in Germany with your husband he must have a job and accomodation and you can both live there. This is your husbands right as an EU citizen to live and work in another EU country and take his family with him.
  • Thank you very much Alethia
  • But Alethia my husband is now going to look for a job when we arrive, so Alethia when he gets job and accommodation in Germany then is possible for me to settle down with him? If I get you right. Thank you hope to hear from you again
  • @freda

As you have a valid visa German Schengen visa you can travel with him. As soon as he has been working for one month and has evidence of employment he can apply for you to remain with him and you should be granted a 5 year visa.
  • Thank you very very much I really appreciate for your support. Blessed
  • Alethia sorry to bother you again, please with my this visa is it permit me to work? Thanks
  • @freda
    Once you are granted a 5 year visa you can live and work in Germany.
  • Thank you very once again
  • Hello Alethia, we thank you for your advice, we had a nice holiday in Germany and now we are in Holland for days, please Alethia we want to go to UK, is possible for us to travel with my schengen multiple visa, my husband is Bulgarian . If not what requirements we need to travel to UK. Thanks hope to hear from you.
  • @freda

The United Kingdom is not part of the Schengen zone so you will not be able to travel to the UK with your Schengen visa.
    You need to apply for a UK visa as the spouse of a Bulgarian citizen who is an EEA national, the visa application is free and should be processed quickly.
  • Thanks , please can we apply the visa in Holland? We are in Holland now and what documents we need to apply. Thank you
  • @freda
    Yes you can apply from Holland. The visa application is on line https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome
    Your husband will need a copy of his Bulgarian passport, your marriage certificate, your passports and the address of where you will stay in the UK, hotel, friends family etc.
    Teleperformance Ltd, manage the UK Visa Application Centre in Amsterdam.
  • Thanks Alethia and what type of visa I should to apply.
  • @freda
    You will apply for a visit visa as the spouse of an EEA national.
  • Thanks Alethia, i really appreciate your help, And is only my husband a copy of his Bulgarian passport, our marriage certificate, my passports and the address of where we will stay in the UK, hotel, friends family etc, is the only that we need to apply for the visa? Nothing more. Thanks
  • @freda
    Direct family members of European Economic Area (EEA)nationals must come within the definition of a family member in regulation 7 of the Immigration (European Economic
    Area) Regulations 2006
    Under this regulation you are entitled to accompany your husband to anny EEA country.
    and be granted entry with a family permit.
    Your husband can put in some bank statements and a copy of his ID card. Nothing more.
  • Thanks Alethia
  • Hello Alethia , we are bit confuse. we are filling the visa application online and we have reach Home Address, which address should we provide,the one we residence in Bulgaria or in Holland? And Step "Documents" should we attach documents? And Step " Declaration " And Step "Pay" . As far i know the visa should be issued free of charge for me.
    Thanks in advance!
  • edited September 2016
    @freda
    You can put your Holland address as your applying from Holland. The declaration is simply where you print your name and if you have filled the form correctly as an EEA dependent the pay section will come up as no payment required. You also need to make an appointment on line.

When you have submitted the application electronically you print it off and you take the application form with your documents to the appointment at the visa centre.

You managed to successfully apply for a Schengen visa and attend a visa centre this is not so different
  • Thanks Alethia , with the type of visa , we choose standard visitor visa, did we choose the right one? Thanks
  • edited September 2016
    @freda
    You have completed the wrong application. I clearly wrote
    "You will apply for a visit visa as the spouse of an EEA national."

On the first page before you complete the application its asks you to Select Visa Type
    The first drop down box says Reason for Visit in this box you chose Other
    The next drop down box says Visa Type in here you choose EEA/Swiss family member
    The third box says Visa Sub Type in this list you choose Family Member Of An EEA National
    You then create the application.
    Delete the wrong application and start again.
  • Hello Alethia,we got the first page of your link and that's the types of visas gives us: STANDARD VISITORS VISA
    MARRIAGE VISITOR VISA
    PERMITTED PAID ENGAGEMENT VISA
    OTHERS VISAS,INCLUDING STUDY,WORK AND PARENT FOR TIER 4 CHILD.
    When we choose the last option it gives us to get account and log in .....
    Is that how we have to processing the filling of the form?
    Thanks in advance
  • @freda
    I have just clearly explained how to process the form you are NOT applying for a standard visitors visa. You are applying for EEA family member visa.

I will repeat once more the instructions you are to follow

On the first page before you complete the application its asks you to Select Visa Type
    The first drop down box says Reason for Visit in this box you chose
    Other
    The next drop down box says Visa Type in here you choose EEA/Swiss family member
    The third box says Visa Sub Type in this list you choose Family Member Of An EEA National
    You then create the application.
    Delete the wrong application before you start again.

I do not know how to get through to you as I have explained twice the correct procedure

• I got you very well and we were on wrong link, thank you very much
  • Hello Alethia, we are filling it all over and we reach Family Details Section. We filled out Spouse Section. Below stands Father Section and Mother Section. Should we fill it out ? And if it Yes..... should that be my parents details or my husband's?
    P.S
    As far the wrong application we haven't started because we were fallowing the wrong page. We made the Profile Account and now we are filling out,it's a long form with a lot of questions
    Thanks in Advance
  • @freda
    The questions in the father and mother section relate to your parents not your husbands.
    Yes it is a long form and every section has to be completed or you will not be allowed to make an appointment or send the form electronically
  • Thank You very much Alethia. We stay in touch
    Nice evening from us
  • Hello again Alethia,
    We are facing confusion again :smile: We reached EEA NATIONAl section,is it my husband details we should fill out or? And there are certain questions which makes us confused how to answer,sort of HOW DO YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE EEA NATIONAL ?,OR HOW OFTEN DO YOU MEET WITH EEA NATIONAL?
    Hopefully to help us with this
  • @freda
    Yes in the EEA national section its your husbands details you submit.
    How do you keep in touch
    Answer: We live together
    How often do you meet
    Answer: Everday
  • That was we thought..but we were not sure. Thank you so much. Stay in touch
  • Hello Alethia, do we have to submit the application form first before we make appointment?
  • @freda
    When all the sections have turned green you press complete application, this will then send you to the appointment page.
  • Hello Alethia, section on RELATIONSHIP DETAILS is talking about me and my husband or me and the friend we are going to visit ? Thanks
  • @freda
    You and your husband

• And one question we confuse, Is the UK address given the permanent address of the EEA national? Yes or No. thanks
  • @freda
    It seems your confused about everything. The answer is NO
  • Thanks Alethia
  • Hello Alethia, we are making the appointment at the section of VISA APPOINTMENT TYPE, which one to select 1 STANDARD ( including priory) appointment or prime Time Appointment only _ 63GBP)