Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Visiting Cyprus, is it child-friendly?

Hi. Was hoping for some advice please. I've got a trip planned to Cyprus with my 7 year old daughter. I will be travelling from the UK. I wanted to ask if I'm being wise in taking my daughter with me - will there be attractions to suit my young daughter? We're staying for four days, hoping to fit in some good sightseeing, all child appropriate. Do you think that is enough time? Any advice/suggestions would be welcome, thank you.

Comments

• @xx43hh1
    You do not say where you are staying in Cyprus, Paphos, Limassol, Aya Napa. If knew where you were staying I could give more details

I first went to Cyprus in 1976 and have been many times over the years, I was there last August 2015.
    Cyprus is a lovely island and perfect for family holidays and very child friendly. Delicious food and tavernas suitable for the family.

Cyprus has lovely beaches 57 blue flag beaches altogether.
    For a small island, Cyprus packs some history. It holds three Unesco World Heritage Sites, the top ranking of historical treasures. The entire city of Paphos, listed for its remains of ancient villas, palaces, theatres, fortresses, tombs and Roman mosaics, is really interesting

Shopping and sight seeing in the old town of Nicosia. Cyprus also has two water parks.

• I have just been to Cyprus with children of all ages up to 13. I wouldn't suggest you do much sightseeing with them, as Roman ruins probably aren't up their street, particularly in the summer heat. But there are loads of child-friendly hotels, which offer water sports such as banana boats, sailing, waterskiing, and snorkelling. The hotel we stayed in was in Paphos and (http://www.almyra.com/) had a kids club and a shallow, shaded swimming pool for the small children, plus a more civilised adults-only section. Paphos itself is pretty grim, a sprawling town without much merit other than the odd nice beach and a few water parks (again for the kids). But in reality, most holidaymakers don't venture much beyond their hotel.
    Visit wordtravels.com for destination advice